NFL running back takes part time job

Now if he could just live off the part-time job money and bank all the NFL money he'll be retired in no time.

Smart move...keeping busy to stay out of trouble.

I do the same over here sometimes :LOL:

"I'm on the line that makes the sandwiches," Ganaway told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I bake bread. Take the cashier spot. I had to sweep the other day. Clean the tables. I mean, all types of stuff. Slice the meat. Wrap the meat."

When I started watching the NFL in the late 50's (7th grade)most of the players were not making more than about $10k a year and they all had regular jobs. Insurance, stock broker, car salesman etc seemed to be the most popular. Many of them (most?) were also a member of the National Guard so that they would not be drafted (by the Army).

Does anyone else recall this or am I living in my own world again?

mickeyd said:
When I started watching the NFL in the late 50's (7th grade)most of the players were not making more than about $10k a year and they all had regular jobs. Insurance, stock broker, car salesman etc seemed to be the most popular. Many of them (most?) were also a member of the National Guard so that they would not be drafted (by the Army).

Does anyone else recall this or am I living in my own world again?

My memories only creep back into the late 60s, but the process was still the same for the majority of players. Had the fortune to sit next to a former Big Red player from the early 70s on an airplane trip, and the stories he told were great. He told me a story about the QB who would pay some of lower paid defensive players bribes not to hit him hard in camp. Of course then that was what training camp was for...to get into shape. Now if you aren't in shape BEFORE training camp, you are in big trouble.

Back
Top Bottom