Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Prediction time. Who Do You Pick To Win The Super Bowl?

Last edited:
Wow I got to go first. Going for the blow out by the Panthers. Newton's young legs vs Peyton's tired arm and fused neck. Would love to see the old guy win one more though. And two good defenses might keep it low scoring but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm thinking both defenses will nullify each other somewhat, so I'm not picking a high scoring game. If Manning can somehow find the fountain of youth, he could pull off an upset for the ages and be considered the best QB of all time again. But ... I'm picking a final score of Panthers 20, Broncos 13.

Last edited:
No idea who will win... but I believe us older ER folks should be supporting the old "Man"ning.

I'm betting on the Broncos and Peyton. Why, well for one thing, I always go with the Broncos and for the second reason, I really don't like Newton. Another 6' 5", 250lb over rated QB that acts like he's still in school. I don't particularly like the Panthers but am still embarrassed for their fans watching some of his antics.

Now, with that said, both are good teams and either could win on any given day. I just hope the outcome isn't decided by more bad calls by the officials.

Last edited:
Panthers. I wouldn't be surprised to see another blowout similar to the Seahawks vs Broncos a couple of years ago.

.....Going for the blow out by the Panthers. Newton's young legs vs Peyton's tired arm and fused neck. Would love to see the old guy win one more though. And two good defenses might keep it low scoring but I wouldn't bet on it.

+1

I assume the Panthers will win. I hope it's not a blowout like SB48 for the Broncos/Manning's sake, that would be hard to watch (again).

Peyton's old beat up body. How bout him scrambling against the Pats! I'm rooting for the old guy so he can join us here.

Hopefully it will be a decent game. Guess 17-14 Broncos.

I have met DeMarcus several times and am pulling for him and the old man. Expect a fairly low scoring game.

Panthers 24, Broncos 19

That's it, you already know the outcome now, don't even bother watching the game. ;)

I'll go with Panthers. It comes down to QB vs QB, and the stronger player in this case is the younger player.

If Denver defense gets through, Cam Newton has legs and strength.
Peyton will need a heroic outing in the last game.

This has the makings of one of the best games ever.

Wow I got to go first. Going for the blow out by the Panthers. Newton's young legs vs Peyton's tired arm and fused neck. Would love to see the old guy win one more though. And two good defenses might keep it low scoring but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yep, my thoughts also... but if Peyton can stay in the short game and drive them down the field there is a chance Denver can win...

Just need the special teams to not give up points like has been happening for Carolina.... IOW, do not allow them to jump to a 14 point lead in the first few minutes....

I am going Denver by 7 or less.

I am thinking this is Manning's last game win or lose (his decision or not) and he will put it all on the line as will his teammates to help get the win.

I think the Panthers will win, possibly by a big number. But I'm hoping for the Broncos. I like a storybook ending.

It looks like the winners will be the hotel and restaurant owners in the SF area. Tripled prices. Ouch.

(Don't mind me. I'll be hiding in the SuperBunker the next 10-11 days.)

Panthers. I wouldn't be surprised to see another blowout similar to the Seahawks vs Broncos a couple of years ago.

Same here. It is not going to be close. I'm a Peyton Manning fan, and would love to see him go out a winner, but it's not going to happen this year. Denver's defense might keep it close for a little while, but Carolina will eventually pull away and win easily.

As much as my heart wants to see Manning win and retire off into the sunset... my logic tells me Panthers 28, Broncos 17.

I would like Denver to win, but really don't have much preference. I do think the turnovers and ability to turn the game based on them will be what determines the winner. So going with defensive battle.

Denver's D was good in the AFC championship, but it's worth noting that NE was in the game at the end. Containing Cam in the pocket will likely be more difficult than containing Tom.

Back
Top Bottom