Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Nice baby formula deals
Old 03-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Nice baby formula deals

Just a tip for new parents or those still feeding formula. Go to the formula manufacturers web sites (enfamil, similac and bright beginnings) and sign up for their "formula club". Enfamil sent me two cans of formula and a $10 off coupon. Similac sent me a can of formula and a bunch of $5 off coupons. Bright beginnings sent a $7.50 off coupon.

The bright beginnings looks like a good formula at a good price. I can get it at the local Longs or Walgreens for $19 for a much bigger can than similac or enfamil, plus all the cans have a $2 off coupon. It appears to have the same ingredients as the others and the same or better nutritional profile for roughly 2/3 the price.

If you have a fussy or gassy baby or they spit up a lot, try the soy based formulas. We had Gabe on the milk based for a couple of days and he was a pretty Mad Baby. As soon as we flipped him over to soy he was a happy camper. We tried some milk based out on him again last week and we were back to Mad Baby for a couple of days and he was spewing the stuff with regularity. Some babies will improve more than others with the formula change, the soy is simply easier to digest and produces less gas than the milk based. Theres a real psychological barrier to it though...everybody wants the baby to have milk. About the only difference is replacing a milk based protein powder with a soy based one. Our pediatrician had no qualms about it except she thought that the soy has less calcium...when we looked at the labels it was the other way around.

Its also worthwhile to check www.fatwallet.com for the occasional longs, walgreens and amazon diaper deals. I set a keyword alert on fatwallet for 'diaper'. About once every 4-6 weeks amazon clears out diapers for some reason. On the last round I picked up 3 boxes of 204 count size 1/2's for $28 each with a $30 gift card if you bought 3, bringing the price to $18 a box. My local Sams Club sells the same box for $29. The $18 is no tax and shipped free to your door. I think after 10 boxes the UPS guy has just about had it with me though...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!