Nifty site

SteveR said:
Pretty relevant for a retirement board. :D

Nice to see though. Thanks Brewer.

I think it quite relevant. It reminds me that one of the reasons I RE'ed was to take the time to enjoy things like sunrises and sunsets. Not on the computer, although the site is fun, but in real life and not through the windshield while stuck on the freeway coming to or going from work.

Leonidas said:
It reminds me that one of the reasons I RE'ed was to take the time to enjoy things like sunrises and sunsets.  Not on the computer, although the site is fun, but in real life and not through the windshield while stuck on the freeway coming to or going from w*rk.

A big ol' Amen to that. I enjoy reading things like Tioga RV's log and tendervittles.net, but I cannot wait until I have the freedom to see sunsets, sunrises, vistas, forests, trails, etc. at my own pace, live and in person. If I can do it young enough to do a lot of it with my kids, so much the better.

If you like sunsets, you can't do better than retiring onto a boat...

The first sunset we saw from aboard Dory is below. This was near New Bern NC:

Attachments

• 100-NWCreek-12-99.jpg
    100-NWCreek-12-99.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 100-NWCreek-12-99.jpg_thumb
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
And a couple more, from Florida...

Attachments

• jskmvc-102f006.jpg
    jskmvc-102f006.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 172
  • sunset800x600.jpg
    sunset800x600.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 170
  • jskmvc-102f006.jpg_thumb
    33 KB · Views: 0
  • sunset800x600.jpg_thumb
    29 KB · Views: 0
great florida sunsets dory36. we don't have much in the line of interesting mountains on our horizons but we do have some really great skies, sunsets, even in summer the thunder storms are quite something to see.

since i was a kid i fantasized following a sunset around the world in a plane. likely that won't happen. but i do one day fully intend to follow autumn down the coast. seems like would be relatively easy to do by boat (or rv) and travel in time as autumn heads south for winter.

Wow, beautiful Dory.

Ha

Brewer, I love this site. I've checked it a couple of times today. Just saw sunset in the Bahamas.

Dory, your pictures are beautiful. There is nothing like a sunset or sunrise.

Here is a sunset from the deck at my weekend house. Nice place to forget about work.

Attachments

• chpt103.jpg
    chpt103.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 90
  • chpt103.jpg_thumb
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey Brewer maybe you could get this eternal sunset thing incorporated into STON's website :)

This is my path to the beach... NC sunrises/sunsets are just the perfect way to start and finish almost any day.

Attachments

• P1000614.jpg
    P1000614.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 74
  • P1000614.jpg_thumb
    28 KB · Views: 0
BUM said:
Hey Brewer maybe you could get  this eternal sunset thing incorporated into STON's website  :)

There's an idea! Anything to help the stock price...

I'd post a sunrise pic from my morning commute, but A) I suspect that any pic taken at 75MPH on the NJ turnpike wouldn't come out well and B) you guys probably wouldn't appreciate the subtle play of purple and rose on the refinery smokestack emissions.

Glad you like the site, Martha., It'll be a nice way to see an actual sunset during the grey midwestern winter (assuming you don't actually retire and load up the RV for points south).

Didn't like the site - couldn't put my finger on it.

Then I realized 'sunset out my back windows/ deck over Lake Ponchartrain' was taken for granted 1979 - 2005.

Withdrawal pains:confused:?

heh heh heh heh heh heh - but Missouri is growing on me. And STON needs to fall some more on interest worries - so's I can buy some more.

unclemick2 said:
And STON needs to fall some more on interest worries - so's I can buy some more.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Accounting mess appears to be straightened out, they arre now current on filings, and cash flow comparisons YOY will be flattering over the next year or so as they continue to gain traction with their acquisition. But if you stick a limit order out there at a good price, you might get lucky. This thing is so thinly traded that it sometimes dips for no obvious reason. That's how I snarfed up my last couple of blocks of shares.

rectangular sun setting on horizon off clearwater beach, fl, circa 1970something courtesy of my old college photo album.

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 37
  • sunset.jpg_thumb
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom