Join Early Retirement Today

nm
Old 02-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #1

nm

nm
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Cut-Throat Checking in from the Bahamas...
Old 02-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #2

Hello! Nice fish................ I have never caught a bonefish, but I can relate
to seeing your line disappear in a hurry. Most memorable for me was a king salmon caught on a spawn sack in a "river" about 20 yards wide. Gets
the heart pumping

JG
Old 02-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Cutthroat:
Nice fish, and great accomodations.
Makes you realize you must have done something right, doesn't it.

Catch a few more, and continue to enjoy yourself.

Have fun, Jarhead
Jarhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Caught a few Bonefish the last few days. They are always amazing for their size. This one took out over 125 yards of line in 30 seconds.
I'm impressed with that fish.I'd probably have trouble running 125 yards in 30 seconds, and that's in a less dense medium.

Thanks for the pics

Mikey

Old 02-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #5

Wow, nice fish and nice photo Cut-throat. Thanks for sharing it with us. Only about 6 weeks until I am down there......on an island not far from where you are right now. Some beautiful beaches where we're going also, and the best part is that they are mostly deserted. I'll share a photo or two after we get back.

RAE
RAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #6

Quote:

Here is the Backyard of the place we rented. It's for sales for all you well-heeled ER's - 2.3 Million. On one of the 10 best beaches in the World According to National Geographic.
Wondering... how much does it cost to rent a place like that? per day or week? And how do you find such rentals? Probably a good alternative to luxury hotel living....yes?
Old 02-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #7

Quote:

Wondering... how much does it cost to rent a place like that? per day or week? *And how do you find such rentals? *Probably a good alternative to luxury hotel living....yes?
http://www.bahamasweb.com/

The houses are less expensive than you might think...when I last went I rented a house like the one pictured for about $4500/month...5 bed, 5 bath luxury home on the beach...a decent hotel can cost more than that for one night...
Old 02-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

...make that "one room", not "one night" in the above post...
farmerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Cut-throat:

Are you anywhere near Cape Santa Maria Beach?
Oak Bay Marine Group out of Victoria.B.C. runs a very
nice resort there or so I have seen from their
newsletter.

gwix
gwix98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:40 AM   #10
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Nice pics.....sure makes me jealous. Not a bad price splitting it 4 ways. I'll make some pics too when I'm in retirement but thats a couple of years off. Mine will be out of a sand trap though.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:52 AM   #11

Quote:
It cost us about $4200 for the week. But, we split it between 4 couples. It has 6 bedrooms, 5 Baths, 2 Kitchens and is fully furnished.
Way to go! It does beat luxury hotel living...we'll definitely try this route in the future. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #12

C-T,
You are a role model for all ERs. Great hobby, Great location, Great Price, and Sharing your adventure with friends.

Life is good.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #13

We go to Hawaii quite abit and wondering if you have a recommended website that suggests condo or villa rentals just like the one for the bahamas. I'll also post this question again in another section if I don't get too many responses.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #14
Full time employment: Posting here.

You could try http://cyberrentals.com/HI/HI.html ...don't know if they have nice Hawaii houses, but I've found nice houses in Orlando Florida area (5 bedroom, 4 bath with a pool, 15 minutes to disney) for just $100/night...less than the cost of a single middle of the road hotel-room inside WDW.

Renting fully furnished houses is definitely the way to go; especially if you have a big party with you (and with a wife and 4 kids I ALWAYS have a big party travelling with me... .)
farmerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #15

Thanks farmered!
Other Hawaii locations
Old 02-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Other Hawaii locations

Quote:
We go to Hawaii quite abit and wondering if you have a recommended website that suggests condo or villa rentals just like the one for the bahamas. *I'll also post this question again in another section if I don't get too many responses.
Gary,

I don't know if you've been southeast of Pahoa (Big Island), but you could try this one: http://www.a1vacations.com/persichetti/0/ . Just about anything in Kapoho is great-- always several homes to choose from, remote, extremely quiet. (You're awakened at night by coconuts splashing in your backyard tidepool.) Great black lava beach next to the community, and the underground lava flows warm the water to 90 degrees year-round.

We also enjoy Poipu on Kauai and Ma'alaea Bay rental condos on Maui.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
bRe: Cut-Throat Checking in from the Bahamas...
Old 02-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #17

bRe: Cut-Throat Checking in from the Bahamas...

Hi, Cut-Throat,

My first post....and I didn't think I would ever see something as beautifull as Kuai in the Hawaiian Islands, but this place you stayed at, blows that away.

Would you happened to remember the name of the place that is in this captivating photo. Thank you much.

Regards,
Bill
Old 02-15-2005, 03:52 AM   #18

Thank You Cut-Throat for the link, as it has all the info I need on it. Only challenge now is to coordinate getting people together to split the cost.

I noticed the cutoff is 7 before it goes to another level price wise, so maybe I can say that 8th person just happened to stop by and visit..LOL. Thanks again!!

Regards,
Bill