nm

Re: Anybody see "Grizzley Man" on Prime Time Last night?

Saw it. Thought the guy was a nut. In the final analysis the guy sure didn't measure up to Yogi in the old cartoon series...definitely wasn't "smarter than the average bear". :p

REW

I saw some snippets of it on another program. Didn't they have a video of them actually getting eaten, and wouldn't show it? Or it may have just been audio, I dunno. Seems pretty gross to me. And stupid.

I heard the movie review on NPR this morning. They made it sound like the guy was a wacko - someone referred to him as treating the bears like people in bear suits.

Interesting connection, CT. 200 feet is way too close to bears for my liking. I prefer a good quarter-mile!

I've got some great bear pics from there, but no matter how I edit them, when I try to post it tells me they are to big :confused:

JPatrick said:
I've got some great bear pics from there, but no matter how I edit them, when I try to post it tells me they are to big :confused:
I feel exactly the same way when it comes to bears. ;)

REW

REWahoo! said:
I feel exactly the same way when it comes to bears. ;)

REW
I've got some of cubs- - -maybe they will be small enough :D

I saw the segment last night on Prime Time. The movie comes out this weekend and it is called "Grizzly Man." Both he and his girlfriend were killed by a 20 year old grizzly. There was a recording (lens cap was on his camera) so only the audible sounds were heard and it was gruesome. It really makes you wonder about people. Aren't regulations in place in that area of the wilderness to "keep away" from the bears, etc.:confused: Common sense dictates something was not right with this individual.

Here is Willie's plane featured last night. This is him coming to pick us up after a week in camp in the Kodiak Wildlife refuge. Still Alive :)

b2e59caf.jpg

We fished with bears all around us for a week. If you follow procedures, it is mostly safe. The guy last night broke every rule in the books for 14 years before it caught up with him. And I am far more afraid of Pit Pulls than Bears. They often get loose in Metropolitan areas. This is a far greater danger than wildlife!

I saw people doing stupid things with wildlife every day in Glacier Park last week. And as the signature line says. Stupidity is not an act, it's the real thing!

292d3ee2.jpg

Cut-Throat said:
Prime Time Live on ABC had a segment on a Guy and Girl that spent a lot too much time with Alaskan Brown Bears. They eventually were eaten by one :-X
So now they're spending all their time IN one?

Sounds like top nominees for the Darwin Award. Leaving the lens cap on was icing on the Murphy's Law cake.

I have to say, that is an amazing photograph with the bear in the background CT. I heard mention on various nature shows that most animals aren't as aggressive when at a watersource. Don't know how true that is tho. Were you aware of the bear's location?

Bookm

Back
Top Bottom