nm

Re: Hey Nords - Ever heard of this Admiral................

Cut-Throat said:
He appeared in my New Zealand Travel Agents Newsletter today. I thought of you.
Don't be afraid to tell us he was an A**Hole - You're retired! :D
I hope I don't remind you of him...

You can guess that a guy with a face like that (I'm referring to the one behind all the fish) could have an opinion or two. Imagine retiring to a consulting job where you can put your PG school logo and your three-star flag on your calling card with all your favorite fishing fotos. You're retired-- get over it!!

I never personally encountered him. By the time he got to the Atlantic I'd escaped to Monterey, and I hid out in PACFLT for the rest of my career. So I can't personally vouch for the size of his sphincter, but as a three star I believe it would have been above average. If I remember correctly, he's one of those veterans who can't believe that he wasn't picked up for CNO or CJCS and who is still waiting by the phone just in case the national command authorities come to their senses.

To his credit, I bet he can make money rain down upon NPS.

Nords said:
Imagine retiring to a consulting job where you can put your PG school logo and your three-star flag on your calling card with all your favorite fishing fotos.  You're retired-- get over it!!

My FIL has "General" on his name tag in his assisted living facility. It must go with the territory.

2B said:
My FIL has "General" on his name tag in his assisted living facility. It must go with the territory.

Now this is truly hilarious! :D

You should get him a 'Flag' for his bedpost or (Bedpan) with the Appropiate number of Stars on it! :D

Cut-Throat said:
Now this is truly hilarious! :D
Almost as silly as making military pedestrians stop and salute the flag officer's, er, flag waving on his car bumper as he drives by.

I think it's embarrassing to drive through a base gate and get saluted by the security teams-- especially if they're civilian contractors. Only the military should have to do that, and then only if you're in uniform and wearing your cover to return the salute. I know they're only saluting the car's officer sticker, but the effect appears to be the saluting of a ponytailed surfer dude.

On second thought maybe they're just rendering honors to the lifestyle.

My kid asked me why they do that, and I explained it and added "Either that or they can recognize a steely-eyed killer of the deep when they see one." But if I was really that good then I'd still be granted access to torpedoes & missiles...

I get high marks from management because I always greet our visiting dignitaries, General Disaster and Major Pain as, "sir". Never served a day in my life, but things always seem to go a little smoother. I don't salute, that would just be silly.

Laurence said:
I don't salute, that would just be silly.

I think this is the official 'ER' salute.

2%20birds%20LOL.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom