Join Early Retirement Today
Old 05-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #101
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by frayne View Post
Anybody know how much the cremated ashes of a average human would weigh ? My mother was cremated and the urn with her ashes was surprisingly heavy but after all she was a big woman.
Based on my only experience, weight (think overweight) didn't matter as much as bone mass.

MRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #102
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by candrew View Post
LMAO! I just spewed coffee all over myself.......
Haha, it's true. He was a little different. Liked women over 300 pounds, too. Told my wife when he first met her, so she felt VERY safe around him

48Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
My wife's burial at sea
Old 05-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #103
Full time employment: Posting here.
My wife's burial at sea

Neither of us had any family locally, so there was no reason to have any sort of service. This is what I did: I picked up my wife's ashes on Friday the 10th, and kept them at home until the 12th.
On the morning of the12th there was a moderate earthquake here, as if to say even the ground was unhappy.
I drove out to Oxnard, where we went for most of the 29 anniversaries we celebrated, and rented a kayak. The people there were very helpful getting the two of us launched, and I paddled out to the marina entrance. It took about a half hour of paddling until I could get clear of the breakwater and out into the open sea. The conditions were not too bad, only a one to two foot swell, which made things easier for me.
I opened the bag with her ashes, and slowly poured them into the sea. I said a few prayers for her, and watched as the ashes dispersed into the water. I sat there for a while, reminiscing over the 30 years we spent together, and slowly paddled back to the landing.
After changing into dry clothes, I went upstairs to the restaurant we always ate at when we came here. I felt a small pang of remembrance and guilt, as this was the first time in 12 years that I had no one to help up the stairs.
Retired Jan 2009 Have not looked back.
AA 95%/0/5
WR 2% SI 2SS & 2 Pensions
Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #104
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My husband wants no service of any kind. I'm sure family would get together to remember him in some way, but not a traditional funeral or service.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Ally is offline   Reply With Quote