No, you can't name your kid that...

A local family had the last name Wolf. Parents named two of their boys Timber and Grey. The boys grew up to be respected members of society and seem to like their names as far as I can tell.

For some reason, my ex and I ended up giving each of our kids two middle names, one from each side of the family, and their first names are all Biblical. So they have somewhat unusual names in those two regards. I have confirmed that they all really like their names, although their is some degree of inconvenience to the eldest because his first name is somewhat more obscure and apparently less well known today in America. Having two middle names isn't such a big deal in terms of computer systems and such -- if they ask for a middle initial we usually give both or just the first one as needed.

2Cor521

I have a grandnephew named Harvest Moon, by his mother Autumn. Attempts by the family to call him Harv have been rebuffed with no his name is Harvest. It doesn't help that this 9 year old has a a thick mass of blonde curls that extend down to the middle of his back.

Despite this I am really not in favor of giving the government bureacrats veto power over names.

I don't have an oddball name, but most people can not pronounce or spell my name correctly.

I've assumed that bbbami stands for:

Big Busty Beauty Am I

Right?

I've assumed that bbbami stands for:

Big Busty Beauty Am I

Right?
sEm_blush2.gif
Hold the presses...this is the first time I've blushed in years!
sEm_blush2.gif

You dah MAN Al! :D

(as to not burst a bubble on this forum, my lips are sealed)

Geeez...I'm blushing...

...bewitched...bothered...bewildered...

am I....

A significant event.....like Concepcion?

I'm a baby doctor. I see the results of parental folly on a daily basis. Like the identical twins, Rachell and Rachael; Mindy and Mandy, and Oranjelo and Lemonjelo. And Tra-C.

No, I am not making this up. :nonono: I wish I were.

Trust me..I believe you. I had a gal call me to be a client once whose first name was...get this...Vaseline. True story.:rolleyes:

In my FIL's neighborhood there was a Hawain family named (last name) Peter who named one of their daughters Likki. This caused my FIL endless mirth.

I have a 20 year old list I've been making of over 14,000 funny names. I got thousands of them from the Click and Clack web site. Another rich source was the Nation Lampoon Yearbook parody.

No, I will not release my list for fear it gets on the Inter-Webs.

Mike D. - with nice normal Irish names.

Good grief...poor girl...I only hope you are kidding, but have a feeling you aren't. How sad for her. I'd change my name if I were her. Your FIL and probably all the other males that know her get a good chuckle out of that one, too. What were her parents thinking:confused:?
That's like the Texas family with the German name Greisedeick (or something like that) that everyone jokingly pronounces "Greasy-d*ck" as you can well imagine.

Good grief...poor girl...I only hope you are kidding, but have a feeling you aren't. How sad for her. I'd change my name if I were her. Your FIL and probably all the other males that know her get a good chuckle out of that one, too. What were her parents thinking:confused:?
That's like the Texas family with the German name Greisedeick (or something like that) that everyone jokingly pronounces "Greasy-d*ck" as you can well imagine.
I don't know about Texas (although the Griesenbeck's just left my house a few minutes ago), but my dad always used to tell stories about his best childhood bud in St. Louis whose name was Griesedieck. Not sure about the spelling, but it was pronounced the same way.

In my FIL's neighborhood there was a Hawain family named (last name) Peter who named one of their daughters Likki. This caused my FIL endless mirth.
It's become popular to give your Hawaii-born kids a long Hawaiian middle name with significant meaning. We never did that for ours, so for a number of years she was considering giving herself a new Hawaiian middle name like her friends.

Then, during those vulnerable teen-grrrl years, she became enamored of the Haupialani brand of ice cream. I suggested that'd make a wonderful Hawaiian middle name, and at first she enthusiastically agreed.

I was smirking about it for almost a week before she figured out that one translation could be "heavenly coconuts". My longevity has been deemed contingent upon never telling this story to potential boyfriends.

I don't have an oddball name, but most people can not pronounce or spell my name correctly.

My grandfathers even called me by different names. One called me Toni and the other called me Connie. :blink:

I wish I knew the first names of the members of this forum.

Your wishes are orders: my first name is Vicente, actually! And my last name is Solano. Can you believe it:D!!

In America you can't tell gender by a first name, but you have a pretty good shot at approximate IQ.

Ha

Your wishes are orders: my first name is Vicente, actually! And my last name is Solano. Can you believe it:D!!
:D......ahhhhh yes and what a romantic name my dear Vicente!

In America you can't tell gender by a first name, but you have a pretty good shot at approximate IQ.

Ha
Well, that says a mouthful about bbb....:LOL:

A local family had the last name Wolf. Parents named two of their boys Timber and Grey. The boys grew up to be respected members of society and seem to like their names as far as I can tell.
There are a lot of Mennonites around where I live. We used to have a lot of jokes based on names. All of the names are VERY COMMON. Such as:

What do you call a Mennonite:
1) Poet: Corney Reimer
2) Nymphomaniac: Anita Dyck
3) without central heating: Peter Freisen

There were others, but I can't remember them.

Just before I left Megacorp we hired a contractor named Michael Hunt. I think almost any court would consider it justifiable homicide if he killed his parents. Nice guy, but jeez! :mad::nonono:

Just goes to show the name doesn't have to be unusual to suck.

Just before I left Megacorp we hired a contractor named Michael Hunt. I think almost any court would consider it justifiable homicide if he killed his parents. Nice guy, but jeez! :mad::nonono:

I dated a guy with that name. He insisted everyone call him Michael...

He was a big man...so everyone did.

Hmmm. Wonder if he's FIRE'd by now? He would be in his 40s....

Probably not.

Andy Lambros was a four year old actor who stared in an Oscar Mayer television commercial in the mid 1970s.

The child was filmed fishing on a dock and singing, :"My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R. :My bologna has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R. :Oh I love to eat it every day, :and if you ask my why I'll say, :cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A."

The commercial later became famous. Later in life, Lambros opened an exotic pet store in Woodland Hills, California; and ran CyberWeb and AnimalWeb, two Internet-based companies.

It may be a matter of just not realizing it. Quite a few years ago when I was in California, one of my co-workers of Vietnamese ancestry had a son whom they named John, thinking it was a nice, solid American name to integrate into American society.

Problem was, their last name was Do (pronounced like "Doe"). When they told others about their new son and the name, they were informed what "John Do" means in American culture and they had to scramble back to the courthouse to have it legally changed.

A significant event.....like Concepcion?

I'm a baby doctor. I see the results of parental folly on a daily basis. Like the identical twins, Rachell and Rachael; Mindy and Mandy, and Oranjelo and Lemonjelo. And Tra-C.

No, I am not making this up. :nonono: I wish I were.

Hmmmmm.....thought there was a touch of deja-vue about this.........http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/talula-does-the-hula-from-hawaii-37523.html..........

Some mothers do 'ave 'em don't they (dumb kids with dumb child-naming 'skillz!')? :angel:

Cheers - Mick

Back
Top Bottom