Join Early Retirement Today
Old 12-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
If she doesn't wake up I'm doing something wrong....?
You know the Joan Rivers joke - 'If my husband didn't roll around in his sleep, we never would have had Melissa'

How's it going to end..............
bjorn2bwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #22
Dryer sheet wannabe
I've been a mattress Dealer for years.

For no-motion transfer, there are two options; 1) individually pocketed coils (also known as the Marshal Coil) or 2) a Foam bed (many options)

An all foam bed feels much different than a mattress with coil support. Today, 4th generation memory foam is gel-infused and often called a Gel mattress. It's memory foam with gel infused to 'allegedly' wick heat away from your body so you sleep cool. (Original memory foam holds heat and is slow to compress and adapt to your body.)

Most of the high end or luxury mattresses are hybrids. they combine individually wrapped coils for excellent support, with a few layers of different foams on top for comfort.

I'm familiar with most of the major brands and what makes the difference between a $500 and a $2500 mattress. NO, they aren't the same.

If there are back problems, do NOT get a foam mattress. They will get worse in time.

IMO, the best mattress value on the market today is the Simmons BeautyRest. The ReCharge line is one of the most advanced engineered mattresses available. If that is out of your price range, stay with Simmons and look at their $599/queen sets available at Mattress Firm.

Finally, the single most important thing you need to do when purchasing a mattress is to buy a mattress protector. Waterproof and breathable. find one by Protect A Bed. They are the best and will make your mattress last many more years.

Indiana Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Thanks, Randy. Good info.

I've discovered that a significant portion of the jiggle transfer comes from the bedclothes.

Lena still hasn't noticed the switch.

The foam mattress, which includes a memory-foam layer, is the one we bought for our bed years ago. We bought a cheap mattress for the guest room.

Every single time we had guests sleep over, they would say: "Wow, that mattress is super comfortable!" So we put the el-cheapo mattress on our bed.

It is somewhat more comfortable than the foam, but I'm preferring the foam for its jiggle-transfer-reduction.
TromboneAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
T-Al. The only guy I know that prefers jiggle-transfer-reduction in the bedroom.
Retired in 2013 at age 33. Keeping busy reading, blogging, relaxing, gaming, and enjoying the outdoors with my wife and 3 kids (4, 10, and 11).
FUEGO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:28 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Thanks, Randy. Good info.

I've discovered that a significant portion of the jiggle transfer comes from the bedclothes.

Lena still hasn't noticed the switch. ...
I was going to write what I thought was a witty response to this -- but then I looked up the definition of bedclothes....

Oh well. At least I learned something new today.
gauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #26
We bought a high quality latex foam (not memory foam) mattress when we moved in 2010. We hated it within a few months but were too cheap to ditch it. Then after DH started sleeping on an exercise table in his office, I decided we had to do something. We ended up splurging on a Sleep Number bed with adjustable frame and we absolutely love it. We both sleep much better and wake up without all the aches and pains. Totally worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

"One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." William Feather
ER'd Oct. 2010 at 53. Life is good.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote