Not so serious olympic reporting

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
For those tired of the SOS coverage and looking for a different take on olympics, here is a new olympics offering over at slate.com called twitter. It's a collection of text messages from slate contributors - all olympic observations. For example:

"You did not shoot rainbows out of your butt. Five-tenths deduction."

"She looks like she's just a little kid playing in the playground." What's creepier - 12 year olds competing or Tim talking about it?

Creepier kiss--Liukin on Liukin pere at the Games or Jolie on Bro Jolie at the Oscars? No voting for Michael and Lisa Marie or the Gores

Nice comeback for Walsh and May in 1st set, but men everywhere disappointed they didn't roll around and hug

Twitter / SlateOlympics

I love the fact that 0.00001% of the American public knows how to differentiate a 8.8 from an 8.9 or whatever, in the fact that anyone watching gymnastics is watching just to watch the spectacle. The analyst/commentator treats it as if everybody should know the rules and be able to judge and critique... I simply do not care enough about the technicalities and varieties of handstands on the uneven bars.

Back
Top Bottom