Join Early Retirement Today

Re: OAP banned from hospital for lewd and.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

OAP, I'm glad you have survived the ordeal and that your spirits are good. For $100k you'd think they would be more generous with the drugs !

I had a brain operation a few years ago. It's probably similar to being a guy and have a catheter inserted

I'm wishing you well !!!!

-helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #22

Helen,
It did give me a head ache! Hope your surgery went well and is your last.

MJ,
hope you're starting to get some ideas for what you will do for a next phase. I'm anxiously awaiting a period of good health so I can plan the next few years. I'm thinking SF so I can be near my best friend who lives in Mountain View.
OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner
Helen,
It did give me a head ache! Hope your surgery went well and is your last.

MJ,
hope you're starting to get some ideas for what you will do for a next phase. I'm anxiously awaiting a period of good health so I can plan the next few years. I'm thinking SF so I can be near my best friend who lives in Mountain View.
With the help of your positive and good spirits, I'm sure your body will heal itself very quickly. I fell in love with SF when I visited it nearly 30 years. It was just too expensive for me to move there even then. Now being retired, I assume it won't be very affordable now either.

Right now, I selling, giving away and packing the left over stuff preparing to move out of my house when it becomes the new owner's house. I just ordered my travel companion, a full touring folding bike (Swifty). I am probably going to casually drive to Tucson to visit my friend. I hope driving my 92 camry across the country is a good idea. It has only 104k and is in very good shape. He has a friend who will let me leave my car and use his address all for $30/month so I can establish residency there to get health insurance. From there, I'm not sure, i'll either explore the Southwest or make an extensive trip with my travelling companion Swifty to New Zealand or Australia.
Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road, follow follow follow follow, follow the yellow brick road.......

MJ
Old 02-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to yelnad Send a message via Yahoo to yelnad

OAP - I'm thinking good thoughts for you. Glad to here you're on the road to recovery now.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:09 PM   #25

MJ, I'm looking at SF because there are so many distractions.
If you decide to travel in Australia be sure to travel the Sunshine Coast/Surfer's Paradise area above Brisbane (Brizbun). *I can just see you cruising past the bronze surfer girls in Maroochiedore (Sp?) on ole Swifty.

Have a Moreton Bay bug and a pint of VB. * Yummy.

I've been following your SF thread and, similaryly, *I may be headed out on the road myself. *I'm anxious to see how you fare, so keep us informed.

yelnad,
this week is a big week for me. I've got to stop bleeding before next Tuesday or ELSE.
OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner
this week is a big week for me.* I've got to stop bleeding before next Tuesday or ELSE.
Please keep us posted.

Warm regards,

-helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote