Obama and Huckabee win in Iowa the first 2008 vote

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
Obama and Huckabee win in Iowa.

Obama and Huckabee win first 2008 vote - Yahoo! News

You Decide 08! » Obama, Huckabee Win Iowa Presidential Caucuses

Huckabee, Obama Win Iowa Caucuses, Romney Second On GOP Side; Clinton, Edwards In Tight Race For Second Among Dems - CBS News

This is the 1st step on the road to the White House. I wonder how Rudy "9/11" Giuliani and Hillary Clinton will do in New Hampshire? I wonder how many of the Dems and Reps will be dropping out after tonight's results?

With the political unrest in Kenya and Pak·i·stan isn't it refreshing to see that our system of selecting our candidates for President is free of violence and corruption.

GOD BLESS:angel:

I am at a loss - - don't know how to feel. I can't seem to get behind any candidate this time.

I am at a loss - - don't know how to feel. I can't seem to get behind any candidate this time.

The Iowa Caucuses were so interesting and the in depth TV coverage on how the caucuses worked was just outstanding.

As an independent I have not made up my mind on whether I will vote for a Rep or Dem. I like Hillary, Edwards, Obama, Huckabee and Ron Paul.

If Bloomberg the NY City Mayor enters the race as a third party candidate then I believe that the whole political process to pick our next President will really get interesting. It will create the same kind of excitement that occurred when the man from Texas, Mr. Ross Perot ran as a third party candidate.

Last edited:
I've watched some of the debates but haven't invested too much energy in "picking" a candidate. Colorado is part of the Super Tuesday on Feb. 5th. By that time there won't be too many still in the race. If not by then, certainly after Super Tuesday it'll all be done.

Had to travel to Des Moines in December. Iowa was under a political ad blitz like you wouldn't believe. Glad to go back to a quieter state.

The Iowans are wasting everybodys time, again.

I believe only once in history has an Iowa caucus winner gone on to win the presidency (other than incumbents)

The Iowans are wasting everybodys time, again.

I believe only once in history has an Iowa caucus winner gone on to win the presidency (other than incumbents)

What do you think about Mayor Bloomberg (rumored)entering the race for President as a third party candidate?

What do you think about Rudy's and Hillary's chances of winning their parties' nominations?

As for the Iowa caucus being a waste of time, I do believe that the good people of that state would disagree with you.

Our primary system frustrates me - by the time I will be able to vote the candidates will already be selected. Although I realize it would anger Iowa & New Hampshire I really think it's time to discuss a national primary.

What do you think about Mayor Bloomberg (rumored)entering the race for President as a third party candidate?

I think it would be very interesting. I'm a big fan of Bloomberg, and could easily support him myself. But I don't see how he'd have a chance at winning. It sure would liven things up, though, as it always does when there's a viable 3rd party candidate.

What do you think about Rudy's and Hillary's chances of winning their parties' nominations?

Today I'd say hers are poor, his less so but still unlikely.

As for the Iowa caucus being a waste of time, I do believe that the good people of that state would disagree with you.

Indeed they would!

The fact that you only get to choose between 2 candidates and the same 2 parties (usually) frustrates me.

I think it would be very interesting. I'm a big fan of Bloomberg, and could easily support him myself. But I don't see how he'd have a chance at winning. It sure would liven things up, though, as it always does when there's a viable 3rd party candidate.

Today I'd say hers are poor, his less so but still unlikely.

Indeed they would!

Maurice, thank you for your response.

In one of my earlier post I forgot to mention Bloomberg as one of the candidates I like.

I do believe that if Bloomberg threw his hat into the ring that it would make for an interesting race for the White House. As for his chance of winning I would hope that the American people would look at and give a a third party candidate a chance. Heck, having an independent in the White House can't be any worse then a Dem or Rep.

How is the weather in the Big Apple?

Back
Top Bottom