Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
Fairly mild stuff, but good try. "Apparently sung" . . . "at a recent GOP event" (not further identified). Was anybody of importance in attendance? Can we really put this "song" in the same category as Rev Wright's remarks?

Hey, there are nut jobs (religious and otherwise) in both political parties. That's not the issue.

Here's a lead for you Obama fans--see if you can take the heat off your candidate by digging up something on McCain. Specifically, see if John McCain brought his family to meetings led by a hateful extremist for 20 years. Some things that might indicate the leader is such a person:
-- If he blames America's problems on a particular racial group
-- If he is a proponent of "White Liberation Theology"
-- If he says the US is a sponsor of terrorism
-- If he says that the US government created AIDS in an effort to foster genocide

"Change We can Believe In"--more folks are starting to ask questions about the "change" he has in mind. That's a good thing.
Amen!! (no pun intended )

Retired 2009!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.
Conspiracy theories run rampant in black communities. Where have you been? Can you blame them? That's why Obama is trying to bring the races together so they can understand each other and heal. Blacks have developed an almost pathological distrust for white people with good reason. I do a lot of community work and I can tell you, it's not hate as you characterize it but total and utter distrust, particularly among the less educated.

"If he blames America's problems on a particular racial group" I did not get that impression from viewing the video. He does point out, quite accurately, how blacks experience racism in this country.

"If he says the US is a sponsor of terrorism" He didn't quite say this but this is a factual statement. Please read about the CIA atrocities in Latin America. It would be an eye opener. How about the open support for Sadam Hussein, Suharto and Pinochet?

Check out the important role slavery played in building up this country and the many who benefit from this legacy while blacks continued to be mired in poverty and very high illiteracy as little as 40 years ago. The least we can do is to be empathetic. Subsequent generations are changing this but it's a slow process, understandably, of course.

BTW, I am looking for free labor for my business so I can build a great future for my children and to allow me to reach fire much quicker. Any takers? Although Slavery ended a little more than 100 years ago, I cringe when I think about what suffering this must have been. I can't imagine what it must have been for a human been to be treated as an animal and traded as goods with families ripped apart. It's perfectly understandable why black America still suffer so much. It breaks my heart that as a nation we sit back and watch young black men die, black babies abandoned in foster care and we do nothing while we spend billions in Iraq. Would we be so casual if the same was happening on a large scale in white America? I think we all know the answer. I believe I am my brother's keeper.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Oh this is one of those threads. ...backs away slowly....
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Why hasn't this tread been closed like the last one? It has similar content.
Sometimes death is not as tragic as not knowing how to live. This man knew how to live--and how to make others glad they were living. - Jack Benny at Nat King Cole's funeral
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #65
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Why hasn't this tread been closed like the last one? It has similar content.

Living an analog life in the Digital Age.
Closed Thread