Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporate ORphan View Post
I agree. Great show last night. Hard to pick the bottom three. Any ideas?
Bottom three: Haley, Stefano, and Paul

I predict the 3 above go home in some order, in the next 3 weeks, so top 6 will be:

Pia
James
Scotty
Jacob
Lauren
Casey

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #82
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Bottom three: Haley, Stefano, and Paul

I predict the 3 above go home in some order, in the next 3 weeks, so top 6 will be:

Pia
James
Scotty
Jacob
Lauren
Casey
Carnac says replace Haley with Casey in your bottom 3 and you are correct oh wise one.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #83
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
Carnac says replace Haley with Casey in your bottom 3 and you are correct oh wise one.
Or maybe replace Haley with Jacob? I know he has a lot of fans, but everyone except one has got to go eventually. I have heard better renditions of "Man in the Mirror", though that was a great song choice.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #84
Give me a forum ...

Haley has noowhere near the talent, but she does like to wear short shorts to get the male vote. I would be amazed if Casey went home, but that would give him more time to start working on his first album.........

Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #85
Moderator Emeritus

I can't believe the outcome!!!!

I guess the Californians haven't heard it yet so I won't say a word. But OMG, this person did not deserve to be voted off!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #86
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post

I guess the Californians haven't heard it yet so I won't say a word. But OMG, this person did not deserve to be voted off!
NOOOO!!!! This is wrong. I'm stunned.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #87
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
NOOOO!!!! This is wrong. I'm stunned.
I'll agree the outcome was wrong, but I cannot be stunned. The results are determined by a whatever group of people can text a vote, and AFAIK, they can vote as many times and as fast as they wish. It's meaningless, and the judges put on a good act by looking shocked.

I watch the show for the talent, but I've decided to just not get 'emotionally involved' in the voting - that's a side-show AFAIAC. So I don't let it bother me.

I think Jennifer Hudson would agree

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I'll agree the outcome was wrong, but I cannot be stunned. The results are determined by a whatever group of people can text a vote, and AFAIK, they can vote as many times and as fast as they wish. It's meaningless, and the judges put on a good act by looking shocked.

I watch the show for the talent, but I've decided to just not get 'emotionally involved' in the voting - that's a side-show AFAIAC. So I don't let it bother me.

-ERD50
I agree with you.....

The more the judges flounce about, the more people will watch/cast their vote. It's all about the money.

That's entertainment folks...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #89
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post

-ERD50
And Adam and Daughtry.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

I have to admit that it is still hard for me to believe that David Archuleta did not win. He was amazing.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #91
Full time employment: Posting here.

And Crystal... I'm really p!seed about this one. Not sure if I want to watch anymore.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #92
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I have to admit that it is still hard for me to believe that David Archuleta did not win. He was amazing.
Yes, he was....

Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #93
Give me a forum ...

I just lost my reason to watch AI this year........oh well, at least Pia can sign with another record label other than Freemantle, and do her own thing. She can start working on that album right away.........

Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #94

My wife's pissed...lol
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #95
Give me a forum ...

I blame Gwen Stefani for giving Pia that horrible outfit to wear, the judges for being cheerleaders, and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #96
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I blame Gwen Stefani for giving Pia that horrible outfit to wear, the judges for being cheerleaders, and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.
Stefano and Paul should be long gone. Jacob has talent but oversings EVERYTHING.....how much screeching can I handle??

Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #97

I agree there are less talented singers (Stefano for example). But while Pia has a phenomenal singing voice, I didn't see her as a performer. She seemed to lack that intangible "stage presence."
mystang52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #98
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
...and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.
Yep, I think the show would be far better if they changed this from a free-for-all. I'd bet they would get better talent also - how many serious performers decide they are just not going to subject themselves to such an arbitrary rating process?

But as long as they get ratings, they won't care. And those crazed teens are probably the market demographic that the advertisers are targeting.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #99
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
I thought Pia was hot. She has good looks and a great voice. She will do just fine...
Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #100

Quote:
100% agree. The outfit did her no favors. If she had worn what she had on during the results show she would still be around. She looked amazing last night. Still, I can't believe she is gone.

This also proves the judges reacted too early and wasted their save a couple weeks ago. They are cheerleaders for everyone. Simon would have separated from that emotional reaction and let Casey go. Then they could have had the save for Pia who really did deserve it.

At this point I've no idea who the clear favorite is to win it. I'm guessing one of the country folks....Lauren or Scotty. Hope it's not Jacob or the wierd rocker dude.