Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #101
Recycles dryer sheets

[QUOTE=MuirWannabe;1057342]100% agree. The outfit did her no favors. If she had worn what she had on during the results show she would still be around. She looked amazing last night. Still, I can't believe she is gone.

This also proves the judges reacted too early and wasted their save a couple weeks ago. They are cheerleaders for everyone. Simon would have separated from that emotional reaction and let Casey go. Then they could have had the save for Pia who really did deserve it.
/QUOTE]
I totally agree. In fact I was just telling DH (who acts interested but didn't even bother to watch last night's show!) the same thing about her outfit. I thought all three girls looked terrible Wed night and PIa looked great last night. She would have gotten more of the male vote with that outfit. Her outfit looked like a clown's on Wed night. That aside I agree she will now have a promising singing career. I actually see here more on Broadway than recording. After all if Constantine MArlgolis can be nominated for an Tony think what she can do. (I like him and I thought he was TERRIBLE last night. I had to fast forward because he was hurting my ears!)

I also think that though she was good she wasn't as interesting as any of the remaining contestants. I am not a fan of Paul's but he really rocked the place on Wed night and got everyone into it. I had a big smile on my face after watching how Ryan and everyone got into it. Made me feel good.
Corporate ORphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #102
Moderator Emeritus

That was the first performance by Paul that I really liked. He showed that he really is in the competition.

I liked Constantine when he was competing, but last night he showed us how good this year's contestants really are, by comparison.

Pia's singing has always been top notch. The only thing I could ever see wrong with her performances is that she seemed a little stiff and self-absorbed. But this last time, she really didn't and was all over the stage, plus she followed the advice of the judges. So she gets voted off. Go figure.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #103
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
That was the first performance by Paul that I really liked. He showed that he really is in the competition.

I liked Constantine when he was competing, but last night he showed us how good this year's contestants really are, by comparison.

Pia's singing has always been top notch. The only thing I could ever see wrong with her performances is that she seemed a little stiff and self-absorbed. But this last time, she really didn't and was all over the stage, plus she followed the advice of the judges. So she gets voted off. Go figure.
I think she will be ok. The last 3 or 4 Idol winners haven't been burning p the charts anyway. Other than Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, most flame out soon.

David Cook? First album was ok, I got it because I liked his style
Kris Allen? Seriously, he's a good songwriter but his voice is forgettable.
Lee Dewyze? Worst Idol winner since Taylor Hicks!

Look at Lambert, Daughtry, Hudson, etc. They have staying power.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #104
Give me a forum ...

Yeah, Finance Dude. We're missing the spirit, heart, and soul this season. Performances like these are why I loved Idol. A few of the following links need to be double clicked to view on youtube. Where did the love go?

Old 04-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #105
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I blame Gwen Stefani for giving Pia that horrible outfit to wear, the judges for being cheerleaders, and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.
Yes! the styling was awful - then when I realized it was Gwen - I was like ooooh crap... Gwen can style herself all day long but she sure messed up those girls...!

Yeah, and I doubt hormonal teen boys (or their randy uncles eh hm) vote as fervently as teen and tween girls!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #106
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I think she will be ok. The last 3 or 4 Idol winners haven't been burning p the charts anyway. Other than Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, most flame out soon.

David Cook? First album was ok, I got it because I liked his style
Kris Allen? Seriously, he's a good songwriter but his voice is forgettable.
Lee Dewyze? Worst Idol winner since Taylor Hicks!

Look at Lambert, Daughtry, Hudson, etc. They have staying power.......
Agree.. but don't forget Jordan Sparks, she has a great voice!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #107
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
Yes! the styling was awful - then when I realized it was Gwen - I was like ooooh crap... Gwen can style herself all day long but she sure messed up those girls...!
Yeah, Gwen is long legged and glamorous, and even she never looked great in that goofy white thing. Pia is the wrong body type completely to wear that. Same thing for Lauren, that little shorts outfit just made it obvious how much bigger she is than Gwen. And Haley is way too short to wear any of Gwen's clothes, haha.

Next time they should get somebody who is familiar with having to work at finding clothes that make them look good, not someone who can wear high fashion off the rack.
igsoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #108
Full time employment: Posting here.

Purron - some great links! I also remember Catherine McPhee singing Over the Rainbow.

And I liked Jordan Sparks, but was miffed that Melinda Doolittle didn't win that year. She was so good! I've since bought her music (and Crystal's too). Pia, get that album out. I'll buy it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #109
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
Yes Jennifer Hudson is certainly proving how being an Idol loser can work out just fine! Thanks Purron for the links and the memories.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #110
Give me a forum ...

Pia is signing a record deal with Interscope, Jimmy Iovine's label. He is an industry heavy hitter and obviously thinks Pia can make it big in the industry.

Whitney Houston is long washed up and Mariah Carey is in her 40's and having babies. Its a good time as any to pass the torch. Go on Youtube and find Pia singing "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse and "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga. Give her a little choreography and she can be a pop star for sure.........

Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #111
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Pia is signing a record deal with Interscope, Jimmy Iovine's label. He is an industry heavy hitter and obviously thinks Pia can make it big in the industry.
I don't think they'll let her album go out until a winner is crowned for season 10. They really need a winner this year who can sell some music. Pia having a hit record would prove it doesn't much matter who wins.

I'm predicting a Scotty/James finale - the country boy vs. the rock and roller. This is the kind of stuff the producers love to spin into a "dramitic conclusion".

Oh, check out Pia singing on Kelly and Regis.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #112
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I don't think they'll let her album go out until a winner is crowned for season 10. They really need a winner this year who can sell some music. Pia having a hit record would prove it doesn't much matter who wins.
Latest talk is she is going to cut a SINGLE that will be released before AI winner is crowned. That won't take long at all with today's technology. As far as I am concerned, I don't care she can't dance like JLo or Beyonce, she has a much better voice than them and THEY KNOW IT!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #113
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Latest talk is she is going to cut a SINGLE that will be released before AI winner is crowned. That won't take long at all with today's technology. As far as I am concerned, I don't care she can't dance like JLo or Beyonce, she has a much better voice than them and THEY KNOW IT!!!
I'd like to see her kick some butt with those high heels of hers She's too much of a lady though. Pia's handled this whole thing with amazing grace. Smart young lady.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #114
Recycles dryer sheets

Another great show last night. My predictions for the bottom three are:

Haley
Luther
Paul (he was good but too much like last time and he was first, not a good place to be with 8) or Scottie (I like him but I thought he did a poor imitation of George Strait last night) or Casey (I still don't get him though he is growing on me.)

I don't think Stefano will be in it because of all the praise he got from the judges. Haley should be the one going home but I think it will be Luther because there are only 2 girls left and after all ... the "most beautiful woman in the world" pleaded to not kick her off because of that. (and her outfit should get the men voting.)

What do you all think?
Corporate ORphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #115
Give me a forum ...

Casey - is in a league of his own, but will not win Idol
Paul - come on, he stays and Pia goes, that's a travesty!
Jacob - good job, but for some reason he wears on me
Lauren - weakest performance of this year for her
Scotty - liked his performance, he seems to be pushing himself.
Stefano- why is he still on here?
Haley - she's trying, but Deborah Harry is a tough act to copy
James - has a future in rock and roll, but will never be Daughtry......

Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #116
Give me a forum ...

A number of substandard performances and the only one the judges criticize is Haley? Let's go ahead and elimate her and Lauren so we can have our top 6 boys.

Highlights for me: James, Casey and Haley's boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boots.jpg (148.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #117
Moderator Emeritus

Stefano didn't even try this time, IMO. And despite last week's good performance by Paul, I didn't like his performance this week. I am getting tired of Jacob. So those are my bottom three (though they may not be America's).

After seeing Pia voted off last week, anything can happen.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #118
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
A number of substandard performances and the only one the judges criticize is Haley? Let's go ahead and elimate her and Lauren so we can have our top 6 boys.

Highlights for me: James, Casey and Haley's boots
Gotta keep Haley around or Casey will get depressed, apparently they have been "hooking up"..........

Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #119
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Gotta keep Haley around or Casey will get depressed, apparently they have been "hooking up"..........
This explains why Casey cleaned up his appearance - beard neatly trimmed, more attention to hair and wardrobe.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #120
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporate ORphan View Post
Another great show last night. My predictions for the bottom three are:

Haley
Luther
Paul (he was good but too much like last time and he was first, not a good place to be with 8) or Scottie (I like him but I thought he did a poor imitation of George Strait last night) or Casey (I still don't get him though he is growing on me.)

I don't think Stefano will be in it because of all the praise he got from the judges. Haley should be the one going home but I think it will be Luther because there are only 2 girls left and after all ... the "most beautiful woman in the world" pleaded to not kick her off because of that. (and her outfit should get the men voting.)

What do you all think?
Who is Luther?
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote