Oh ye of like minds...

gratefuled

Recycles dryer sheets
I have not posted for lo, these many weeks, because the Cinnamon Girl and I have been neck deep in the enjoyment of our ER, and also in our cups.

It's been six or eight weeks now since I hung 'em up...who counts?...and the relentless low-grade irritation is sliding off me like an old dry skin, along with the salary addiction, the hour-by-hour stock checking, the shame of the daily pucker-up, the hassle of the commute, etc. These days I fish, drink, chase the wife around the house, play with my little girl, and generally cut a fool. I cannot commend this lifestyle enough.

Life is good. Wish you were here.

The odd thing is that I think I was using this board as a sort of a crutch, or a support group, to get me through my workday. Now that I've made it over the hump, I don't feel as compelled to check in hour after hour. Other people feel differently, and may be using this board as a crutch to get them through their retirement (er, ahem...you know who you are, JG.) And that's as fine as wine.

After all, you gotta hoe your own row. And one thing I've learned is that I'm as full of it as anyone. But I made it out the door, which should count for somethng.

So keep your powder and your drawers dry. And may the Sun-God wrap you in his fiery embrace, but not too far from an icy six-pack.

Affectionately...

Ed

Ed,

You are right! I do use this forum as a crutch to get thru MY workday. :LOL:

But, I also enjoy all the inspirational "I made it" stories like yours.

Happy Un-jobbing!

I don't know about a crutch, but I do look to this board to know what is going on in those like minds.

Did Cinnamon Girl retire at the same time or before you? That's the thing with me, I'm SO happy to not be working that I cannot even fathom going back, but I feel I can't just go overboard with the celebration since my dear one has to continue the daily grind for a bit longer.

I always thought "in you cups" was a term for maudlin drinking, but it is just drinking?

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself gratefuled. That is what retirement is all about and I look forward to mine someday.

Dreamer

Congrats.... You're doing fine.. Just keep on doing what you're doing....
BTW: You can check in, if and when you darn well please!!

Back
Top Bottom