Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Reader View Post
Your friends at Amazon can fix that. "Alexa, deliver the milk, eggs, bread, coffee, chicken, and broccoli this afternoon between 2 and 4 PM..."
Be careful how you ask for it. My buddy Jeff did something similar to the above, and he ended up buying and entire supermarket chain!

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

You want "Outdoor Research" brand "Firebrand" mittens.

Not close to cheap, but they are warm.
bloom2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ok all I’ve got is cheap mittens
Old 02-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Ok all I’ve got is cheap mittens

So DW surfed the net and found a pair reasonably priced mittens and they should be delivered tomorrow. A few minutes ago I went with her food shopping just to get out of the house. I was in the Acme supermarket and came upon a display of marked down winter stuff. One pair of mittens with thinsulate sticker attached to them marked down to $6.50. I tried them on definitely much warmer and not bulky. I think they will block the better wind too. Guess what at checkout they were $3.50. I think I was just born lucky sometimes. It’s up to 40 today but it humid and raw out there. I found out the thread bare mittens I’m using were free with some donation. IMG_0013.jpg
I am now officially in mitten heaven. I took my new mittens out for a test drive today -45 minute walk. They are awesome too warm for today but tomorrow morning when its 25 degrees out they will be a joy.
rayinpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoldernu View Post
We don't have any mittens or gloves. No reason... we haven't left the house since January 5th. Anxiously awaiting spring, as we're beginning to run our of food.
Hope there is no danger of resorting to cannibalism!