Ok now who is the crazy one?

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
33 degrees sleet falling from the sky roads wet, ME running 7 miles, OR the 7 people WASHING THEIR CARS AND OR PICK UP TRUCKS at the self service car wash OR the 17 yes 17 cars and pickup trucks waiting on the bojangles drive up window for a 2 dollar biscuit breakfast across the street the gasoline prices are stil 2.15 a gallon:confused::confused:??

I'd say the 17 cars at the drive thru are the craziest, washing a vehicle with weather predicted to be rain or frozen precip today and tomorrow would come in next -

Welcome to the South!! :LOL:

$1.97 here in NW Louisiana. My mom loves Bojangles biscuits & chicken, but I doubt she'd sit 17 deep in line to get 'em.

Nords said:
Only $2.15/gal? We paid $2.699 yesterday...

I fueled-up Friday @ $1.99.9...then saw it yesterday @ $1.98.9! I could have saved a whopping $.07 if only I would have waited :D

Snow, sleet, rain vs mostly sun and $2.30 a gal... Guess the price is up here in AZ cause of snowbirds. Come on down! :D

You running - no doubt about it.

$1.99 / gallon plus the attendant gives ya a free window wash at the Super S in Blanco Texas!

In case yer wonderin' Blanco is still a onme stoplight town with a nine pin bowling alley that uses pin boys/girls.

Three good reasons why I left Austin.

Back OT before slipping off again:
newguy888 said:
33 degrees sleet falling from the sky roads wet, ME running 7 miles...
Glad to see you're keeping up with you're running. And I know that having spent all that time in Jersey that a little cold won't stop you from putting in your miles. But when that kind of weather hits around here I decide that it's a good day for the indoor pool or the gym. Course in southern Texas we all turn on the heater and wear parkas if it gets below 60.

GasBuddy.Com shows 13 local stations below $1.90, lowest price is $1.81.

Ol_Rancher said:
In case yer wonderin' Blanco is still a onme stoplight town with a nine pin bowling alley that uses pin boys/girls.

Blanco is a tad out of my usual routes, but next time I drag the family that way, we are definitely going there just to for the bowling. I have a dim recollection from my childhood of pin "boys" (usually grown men if I recall correctly) and I'd get a kick out of seeing it again. Any restaurant recommendations?

Modified to add: Is this the place? Blanco Bowling Club 310 4th St.

Washing a car in winter makes a lot of sense if you are in an area that uses salt on the roads.

yakers said:
Washing a car in winter makes a lot of sense if you are in an area that uses salt on the roads.

North carolina south of raleigh, They have not seen a piece of rock salt on any roads!!

newguy888 said:
North carolina south of raleigh, They have not seen a piece of rock salt on any roads!!

Actually, NCDOT typically sprays the roads around Raleigh with a brine solution when the forecast calls for wintry precipitation and freezing weather. This brining is precautionary in nature, as we often don't get the forecasted precipitation and/or the forecasted freezing temperatures. But better safe than sorry is the motto. Once the roads get slick and covered in ice, traffic jams occur and you can't get your salt/brine trucks out on the road. Then the city is really screwed...

And yes, the brine solution can corrode your car eventually if you don't clean it off.

yakers said:

Did that on Saturday. There was so much road salt and grit on the car you could hardly see out of it. It was 24 degrees and you have to move fast to keep the soap from freezing on the car. Nothing like hand drying a wet car at that temp. Yuck! It turns to ice before you can get it off the car. But it is clean for a few days and the salt is off of it until we have a thaw...then it will be nasty again.

As for gas prices....about $2.45 for midgrade most places.

What's crazy is how we love to say how much we paid for gas. Mention local gas prices, and your thread will automatically be hijacked.

$2.72 here, by the way.

1.89 per gallon, for regular unleaded,--here in the Sunflower State.
Snow shovels and ice melt, slightly higher.

Back
Top Bottom