old inflation movie, funny

do you mean this:

Yowza:
Corrupted form of "yes, sir," thought to have first appeared in minstrel shows of the Jim Crow era. Often repeated, as in, "Yowza, yowza, yowza!" May be considered mildly racist by some.

"What does it mean to youse?":LOL:

I can live with a little inflation. I can't live as easily with a little unemployment.

do you mean this:

Yowza:
Corrupted form of "yes, sir," thought to have first appeared in minstrel shows of the Jim Crow era. Often repeated, as in, "Yowza, yowza, yowza!" May be considered mildly racist by some.
No, I think he means "youse"—more or less a northeastern US equivalent of "y'all". The only definition I could find to it in a quick search online says it's NE Canadian and gives a quote dating from 2007, but as the film makes obvious the word was in use in the US, long before the date of the quote.

Considering he says "you" and "you" to a a few individuals on screen, then shows a whole crowd and says "youse" it seems that's it.

Hey it is still relevant... just substitute the $3B put in circulation "stated in the video" with $3T for today (which is about right!) and use a computer to make the film color... it can be reused... just overdub Roosevelt with Obama!

But wait, that would not put money into circulation.. it would just further deflation. Well I suppose a new movie is in order!

:D

how politically incorrect!

old black joe? smokestacks belching black smoke?

youse guys got it good today. i'm waitin' fer the chicken in every pot speech, outta be just after the next round of golf or ncaa interview from fdr, er bho. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom