Older Americans Month?

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So I get an email from the bank where I opened an account a few months back announcing their commitment to Older Americans Month. What the heck, is this a phish? The month is nearly over. No, OAM is actually a thing:
https://oam.acl.gov/

So I get an email from the bank where I opened an account a few months back announcing their commitment to Older Americans Month. What the heck, is this a phish? The month is nearly over.

Must be something going around.

I got an email today from a local restaurant announcing a promotion: "Monday Margarita Day - $3 margaritas from 7 to 10 PM". Monday, May 21 only...

Must be something going around.

I got an email today from a local restaurant announcing a promotion: "Monday Margarita Day - $3 margaritas from 7 to 10 PM". Monday, May 21 only...
Where is it you live?

Get a load of this. Many banks demonstrate to the federal government that they are actively assisting senior citizens protect themselves. They may give seminars on how not to call into scams and traps by con men. And they may counsel seniors on how to lead a proactive life against getting mugged. Sometimes meetings sponsored by banks will be held in retirement homes.

Banks and savings and loans want to be able to say what they are doing to help the elderly. And there are companies that sell such programs to financial institutions.

Bamaman
I think you nailed it. They must've looked at their consumerism report and realized some boxes were unchecked.

I live inside the bubble of a 55+ community - every month is Older Americans Month. :cool:

I live inside the bubble of a 55+ community - every month is Older Americans Month. :cool:

Reminds me of back in the day as a youngster when I asked my dad about why there wasn't a "kids day" like there are for moms and dads. His reply, "you've got a roof over your head and 3 squares a day that you aren't paying for. That makes everyday, "kids day"'.

Dad was not big on warm fuzzies.

Back
Top Bottom