Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickj View Post
Soup or salad
Breadsticks
Coke products
Pasta, premium sauces, meat toppings (shrimp, sausage, meatballs, etc)

Unlimited portions/refills on everything when you dine in, takeout orders they have been giving me extra pasta.

That's pretty impressive! I'd order 5 shrimp toppings, hold the pasta, then a few sausages. Maybe get some breadsticks and salad as a garnish for all that meat and seafood.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

OG should be paying mickj for advertising/marketing their product.
robnplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Spent 100 on pass
So far
120 in food
spent 9 in tips

4 out of 49 days done

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 10-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #44

Went to Olive Garden yesterday. Got the "Unlimited Pasta Bowl" for $9.99 . (Not the same deal OP was talking about, but similar) I got meat sauce on it, for no extra charge. Unlimited bread sticks and unlimited salad were included !! I didn't have enough of an appetite, though. Only made it through one bowl of pasta ! Around here, $9.99 is a great price for that.
John Galt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.

So did you give it up after you made your $100 back?
lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:39 AM   #46

It saddens me to report that only a week into the Unlimited Pasta Pass, mickj passed away due to an impacted breadstick in his colon. His will specified that his pasta pass would be shared by his remaining heirs.
soupcxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan View Post
It saddens me to report that only a week into the Unlimited Pasta Pass, mickj passed away due to an impacted breadstick in his colon. His will specified that his pasta pass would be shared by his remaining heirs.
Thanks for the update. I had heard a rumor that mickj had exploded while still consuming a bowl of pasta.
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan View Post
....impacted breadstick in his colon.
: laugh:
I couldn't read any more after that!
HawkeyeNFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
So did you give it up after you made your $100 back?

Still alive!

I have eaten less, I still get take out most days a couple of times. I give the food to friends and family.

I do eat some, not much of the pasta. Mostly meat and salad. The soup is made from scratch and started tasting better with the cold weather.

I am guessing that I have at least $600 of food 'under my belt.'

You guys are awesome, sad to give an update because I wanted to hear some more creative ways that I might have died at the O. G.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #50

Yeah, an impacted breadstick isn't very exciting.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #51

You could have tried to exit through one of those faux archways and been crushed like a roadrunner. Or fallen through it to another dimension where you have to live on plastic grapes and leftover breadsticks. Unfortunately there are never any leftover breadsticks.
lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Still alive!

I have eaten less, I still get take out most days a couple of times. I give the food to friends and family.

I do eat some, not much of the pasta. Mostly meat and salad. The soup is made from scratch and started tasting better with the cold weather.

I am guessing that I have at least $600 of food 'under my belt.'

You guys are awesome, sad to give an update because I wanted to hear some more creative ways that I might have died at the O. G.
Wasn't the deal for 7 weeks? So it has expired, yes?

Anyway, I am glad that you got 6X your money 'under your belt.' I love hearing winning stories. But I hope you do not keep it all under your belt though. Or did you have to get new belts?

In contrast, I recently had to shorten my belts. Yes, it turned out that I could shorten my belts at the buckle, instead of drilling new holes. But I digress...

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #53

Quote:
Started slurping an insanely long spaghetti strand...only to have it wrap around his neck like a lasso as he slurped, strangling him before the waitress noticed and could loosen the pasta.

Blood pH dropped to 1.9 upon finishing 7th bowl of marinara sauced pasta in one sitting, instantly curing all internal organs and being the first human in the history of the world to arrive at the funeral parlor pre-preserved.

Restaurant was stormed by a mob of plants rights protestors, who exacted revenge on him for all of the innocent wheat strands harvested for his umpteen bowls of pasta.

Magnitude 8.0 earthquake struck during dinner, but he refused to abandon his seat in order to finish his third bowl of pasta for the night - when the cauldron of sauce broke free and rolled out of the kitchen and ran him over.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Drank 7 carafes of house wine and suffered from hiccup riddled alcohol poisoning.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #55

Sounds like this guy got his money's worth also:

Pasta lover gorges twice a day at Olive Garden

"A North Carolina man is trying to determine his Italian food breaking point by eating Olive Garden twice a day for more than six weeks."
Old 12-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #56

Here's what one of the 'winners' of the Olive Garden Pasta Pass did with his.
He helped feed a homeless woman....

He Gives A Homeless Woman Food. What She Does With It May Surprise You. : LittleThings.com – Amazing Videos, Stories and News from around the world. It’s the little things in life that matter the most!

omni
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

I bumped this thread because I just learned that Olive Garden just revived this Unlimited Pasta deal.

Here's how a guy looks after eating the umpteenth bowl of pasta. He said he developed canker sores in his mouth. He blamed the canker on the salty pasta, but Mayo Clinic did not agree.

Read more at: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-...154706546.html..

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #58

The cheapskate in me tried to get one of these today.

The nutritional in me is very glad that I failed.

The IT geek in me is very annoyed with this eCommerce experience...While refreshing the site every couple of seconds, 1:18 to go until promotion starts, 1:19 to go until promotion starts, 1:18 to go until promotion starts, 1:19 to go until promotion starts, Sold Out!
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #59
Recycles dryer sheets

Why pay a restaurant a premium to make pasta dishes for you? Pasta is one of the easiest, cheapest dishes to cook at home, and it is delicious. I save my going-out dollars for food that I cannot prepare easily at home.
TimSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:41 PM   #60
Give me a forum ...

In my advancing age , I'm beginning to realize that "unlimited" or "all you can eat" is not necessarily a good thing.

When I was in my 20's, single, very active, making much less, and weight just did not stay on me, "all you can eat" or unlimited was nirvana. Now... it is more like a "proceed with caution if at all" flag.

Recently a friend of mine got Yankee Stadium Legends Suite tickets for free, and a group of us went, all of us in 50's age range. The food options were overwhelming. We all agreed that had this existed and been affordable when we were in our twenties, we would have tried eating them out of business.