Join Early Retirement Today
On the move.....
Old 04-07-2016, 04:41 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
On the move.....

After a few years of spinning my wheels I finally pulled the trigger on a home in Green Valley, AZ. The ranch here is sold and closes next week so I am packing up and heading out this weekend.

Really just too expensive to keep the current place up and financially it was killing my FI. That said it is a sad time. I have loved living in the country and I will miss the sights and sounds. What I won't miss - acres of weeds, constant trouble with my well, shedrows and haybarns in disrepair, etc.

Anyway, would love to here from others that have gone thru fairly large downsizing/big moves.

JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets
11 years ago we downsized from our 58 acre farm that we raised our kids. At the same time I went through a period of unemployment that was a real tough time. Took 11 trailer loads of accumulated "stuff" to the local auction. Letting go was one of the hardest things we have gone through. We still have great memories. Take that one last stroll around, take some pictures, enjoy that moment fixing it in your memory. Better things will open up ahead. And looking at your icon, it appears that you do some road cycling as I do. Look up, it will all work out fine.

FIRE reality = Aug 25, 2016
BigBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Where are you moving from? I hear Green Valley is a big retirement location; one of my old co-workers retired and lives there. He golfs a lot and goes on Jeep trails for fun. Seems your place was costing you a lot in time and upkeep, so it might be best in the end to get out.
I used to have a handle on life....... but it broke!

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What were your reasons for picking Green Valley AZ, and what other places did you consider ?
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote