On the move.....

JBmadera

Recycles dryer sheets
After a few years of spinning my wheels I finally pulled the trigger on a home in Green Valley, AZ. The ranch here is sold and closes next week so I am packing up and heading out this weekend.

Really just too expensive to keep the current place up and financially it was killing my FI. That said it is a sad time. :( I have loved living in the country and I will miss the sights and sounds. What I won't miss - acres of weeds, constant trouble with my well, shedrows and haybarns in disrepair, etc.

Anyway, would love to here from others that have gone thru fairly large downsizing/big moves.

11 years ago we downsized from our 58 acre farm that we raised our kids. At the same time I went through a period of unemployment that was a real tough time. Took 11 trailer loads of accumulated "stuff" to the local auction. Letting go was one of the hardest things we have gone through. We still have great memories. Take that one last stroll around, take some pictures, enjoy that moment fixing it in your memory. Better things will open up ahead. And looking at your icon, it appears that you do some road cycling as I do. Look up, it will all work out fine.

Where are you moving from? I hear Green Valley is a big retirement location; one of my old co-workers retired and lives there. He golfs a lot and goes on Jeep trails for fun. Seems your place was costing you a lot in time and upkeep, so it might be best in the end to get out.

Back
Top Bottom