Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

One Click personality test
Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

One Click personality test

YouAreWhatYouLike

Sign in using Facebook and the test aims to divine your personality based on those Facebook items you have liked. Curious if everyone gets the same profile or if it actually gives different results. Mine seemed plausible, but is it like fortune telling & astrology or more reality based? Really have "liked" very few things on Facebook..

I came up like this, which seems close. You?

Liberal and artistic
rather than conservative
and traditional

Well organized
versus spontaneous and flexible

Shy and reserved
rather than outgoing
and active

Warm, trusting and cooperative
rather than assertive
and competitive

Calm and relaxed
as opposed to stressed
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Uh oh, I am not willing to participate in anything facebook. So must remain unknowning of my one click personality.

Chineese fortune cookies anyone?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Calm, I got precisely the same verdict as you, on every single attribute, so I wonder how accurate it is? But still fun!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Calm, I got precisely the same verdict as you, on every single attribute, so I wonder how accurate it is? But still fun!
Hmm. also identical to the attributes of the author of the article on MakeUseOf. Perhaps my 6 likes and 2 used likes in the estimation were inadequate for a good read and the default is as we are shown.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Facebook will instantly become uncool the minute I sign up for it. (So say my children).
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Uh oh, I am not willing to participate in anything facebook. So must remain unknowning of my one click personality.

+1
HighRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I actually do have a Facebook account.... but I have not been in it for over a year... maybe longer...

But I have not 'liked' a single thing...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post

But I have not 'liked' a single thing...
Spoken like a true curmudgeon!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I have never had any interest in Facebook, so I'm guessing a "one click" personality test would come back with one word: LUDDITE

Not sure that strictly applies to me, but neither do I shun the sentiment. I've never been much for jumping on the band wagon with all these new fangled gadgets (and now, social media). ERForum is about as social as I get. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Hmm. also identical to the attributes of the author of the article on MakeUseOf. Perhaps my 6 likes and 2 used likes in the estimation were inadequate for a good read and the default is as we are shown.
Hmmm....I came out exactly like you calmloki. I had 24 likes and they used 15 of them. The 4 that they show they used were:

Slate.Com
Karen Marie Moning (she writes urban fantasy)
The Daily Show
Kim Harrison (also writes urban fantasy)
Katsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeow View Post
Hmmm....I came out exactly like you calmloki. I had 24 likes and they used 15 of them. The 4 that they show they used were:

Slate.Com
Karen Marie Moning (she writes urban fantasy)
The Daily Show
Kim Harrison (also writes urban fantasy)
Well foo. That's 3 tests with the same results. Either those of us who take the one-click test are all alike or the test isn't very discerning. Bummer. We need a conservative, random, spontaneous, outgoing, competitive, assertive person to take the test. for science.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Well foo. That's 3 tests with the same results. Either those of us who take the one-click test are all alike or the test isn't very discerning. Bummer. We need a conservative, random, spontaneous, outgoing, competitive, assertive person to take the test. for science.
Or, better yet, we need a better tool. Something like this, maybe?

Magic 8-Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #13
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller View Post
+1
+2
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen Sarah and Calmloki in the same room at the same time?

I occasionally use FB, but don't like using any apps...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen Sarah and Calmloki in the same room at the same time?

I occasionally use FB, but don't like using any apps...
Hint:. you do NOT want to see me attempt to hula hoop.

Interesting that you mention apps - had sent this to my gal and she sees the test as an app on her iphone. On the computer it is just a click on a link. Still think it should have some validity, basing it's guess on personality on those items one has "liked" independently, prior to learning one is taking a test. Takes the "game the test" component out.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #16
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'd be careful with this site. I didn't take the time to read their privacy policy, but whenever you willfully handover to a site the ability to log into your facebook, what stops them from tracking everything about you moving forward. Or at the least collecting private data about your past.

If I were a corporation or foreign government, I'd create a similar app or website to lull millions of people into opening up their facebook account data to me. I could then run statistical analysis on friend relationships and draw a lot of parallels about many individuals and how they are connected. Sell a list of people who 'like' early-retirement.org to a marketing team sending out sales pitches on how you may want to invest your retirement.

The fact that everyone is getting the same test results is also a pretty big red flag. They just want your data, not to provide you much in return.

Facebook can't get away with selling your data in this way, but third party vendors can when users willfully hand over their data to them.
EvrClrx311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Privacy Policy

User information may be stored and after being anonymised may be used for academic and business purposes, and also disclosed to third parties, for example (but not limted to) research institutions, in an anonymouse manner such that the information is not tracked back to the individual user.
If the user has taken any of our other tests, such as our IQ test and our personality tests, then user information obtained may be linked to an individual's other test results.
We are based in the UK, and UK laws apply to this website.

That is about the worst user privacy page I've seen. They basically say that they will be selling data about you to third party vendors. Lets just hope it really is
anonymised (is that even a word) in a way where it cannot be traced back to you. I'm guessing I could become a third party vendor that could un-anonymised the data pretty easily.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

you guys must all be very important. I'm far more freaked out by the waitress taking my credit card at, oh, anywhere. Amazed no one has robbed me blind yet.

Wait! I do get calls from Rachel at card services even though we're on the federal no call list! ahha! Must have been hacked! sheesh.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
I have never had any interest in Facebook, so I'm guessing a "one click" personality test would come back with one word: LUDDITE

Not sure that strictly applies to me, but neither do I shun the sentiment. I've never been much for jumping on the band wagon with all these new fangled gadgets (and now, social media). ERForum is about as social as I get. YMMV
+1. No interest in Facebook. I tried it for a week a few years and quickly deleted my account. I love Betty White's remark about Facebook when she hosted Saturday Night Live back in 2010:

"When I first heard about the campaign to get me to host Saturday Night Live, I didn’t know what Facebook was. And now that I know what it is, I have to say it sounds like a huge waste of time."
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #20

Quote:
you guys must all be very important. I'm far more freaked out by the waitress taking my credit card at, oh, anywhere. Amazed no one has robbed me blind yet.

Wait! I do get calls from Rachel at card services even though we're on the federal no call list! ahha! Must have been hacked! sheesh.

All I'm saying is that you wouldn't give a random stranger (say someone on this site) your password if they claimed they could log into your facebook and tell you what your personality is? Giving it to a website is pretty much the same thing (except they have a much easier method to distribute it to others than an individual would)

Odds are, that stranger wouldn't do anything malicious, but if you did it enough times eventually the odds are not in your favor that they will all pass by without causing you some trouble of grief.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20004511-83.html

Quote:
On "The Early Show on Saturday Morning," Goodchild spotlighted five dangers she says Facebook users expose themselves to, probably without being aware of them:

1. Your information is being shared with third parties
  2. Privacy settings revert to a less safe default mode after each redesign
  3. Facebook ads may contain malware
  4. Your real friends unknowingly make you vulnerable
  5. Scammers are creating fake profiles