Opera in a Valencia Market

It looks like Mercado Central in Valencia. I was there 2 years ago, no Opera back then but lots and lots of gorgeous food. One of the best indoors market I have ever visited.

So - does that dot com address translate as "That is what is known as opera."?

Pretty cool opera promo.

"Do you see how you like/enjoy the opera?"

It's made an impression, this reminder of life in a civilized country. Where I live something like this is beyond inconceivable and unappreciated.

Thanks for posting this! Such a great idea. I love opera and La Traviata is one of the best! Opera started as the common person's entertainment and it should stay that way.

Oh, Ha, that's wonderful. A combination of all sorts of good things in life: a beautiful market with lovely food, fine singing for free, and the delighted expressions on the faces of all the people lucky enough to be present.

I think this must be the sort of thing that goes on in Heaven all the time :)

Amethyst

Nice.

But I couldn't help thinking this would be one of the perfect occasions for a naive tourist to get pickpocketed. Thieves in Europe have perfected their craft to a fine art, unlike brutish thugs and muggers in the US.

Vicente, does the sign I saw at the end of the video, "vez te gusta la opera" mean "how did you like the opera this time"?

Vicente, does the sign I saw at the end of the video, "vez te gusta la opera" mean "how did you like the opera this time"?
I think what the sign said was "Ves como te gusta la opera?"

"Do you see how you like/enjoy opera?"

Now, the expert can come in and correct me as necessary.

Audrey

I think what the sign said was "Ves como te gusta la opera?"

"Do you see how you like/enjoy opera?"

Now, the expert can come in and correct me as necessary.

Audrey
The exprert says that you have the exact translation. :clap:

Amethyst: Thanks on behalf of all Valencianos.
NW: Sadly you are right. But the worst city is Barcelona. Our pickpockets are superb....and savvy, too: they know that theft for an amount of less than 400 euros is just a misdemeanour, which means in and out of a police staion in less than an hour. And yes they have never hurt physically anybody.
Our authorities have been warning tourists for some time about these thieves. There are even posters advising extreme caution against them...!

Back
Top Bottom