Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've been to the treehouse place -- that should be fun.

Bridge3.jpg

Don't forget your bathing suit.

Pool3.jpg

I enjoyed the tour at the Tillamook Cheese Factory (Tillamook).

A dune buggy ride is fun (near Florence, OR?). Instead of renting something to drive yourself, I recommend letting someone else drive:

DuneBuggy.jpg

This is good:

Sea Lion Caves - The World's Largest Sea Cave!

A ferry trip to the San Juan islands is highly recommended, if you have time.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #22

What a fun trip--I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

If you go through Astoria you should check out the Astoria Column with a great view on a clear day.
Astoria Column

Along highway 26 between Portland and Seaside is Camp 18. It is a logging museum and is interesting to get out and walk around and look at all the old logging equipment. No need to eat there unless you are ready for a meal.
Camp 18 Restaurant Logging Museum - Logger Memorial, Loggers Equipment, Event Room, Conference Room, Elsie Oregon

Seasons and Regions in SW Portland offers a cheap eats menu during certain hours with $2.95 items. They feature a lot of seafood (although not on the cheap eats menu).
Seasons and Regions

The tree houses look real interesting and I can't wait to hear your review after you visit there.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Grandson flying a kite on beach in Oregon yesterday:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tristan at beach 9-2-10.jpg (456.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #25

Back from all the adventures...pics coming soon! It was a whirlwind trip with so much to do - treehouses, zip lines, tarzan swing, hiking, ATV's on the dunes, cheese factory at Tillamook, white water rafting on the Deschutes, friends, Space Needle, oysters....and more! Met Ha and his "lady friend" in Seattle a couple times - both are wonderful!!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireup2020 View Post
Back from all the adventures...pics coming soon! It was a whirlwind trip with so much to do - treehouses, zip lines, tarzan swing, hiking, ATV's on the dunes, cheese factory at Tillamook, white water rafting on the Deschutes, friends, Space Needle, oysters....and more! Met Ha and his "lady friend" in Seattle a couple times - both are wonderful!!
I saw Fireup's post. She and her SO are the kind of super people who create a moving party wherever they are. I am so glad that my friend and I got to spend time together with them. A side benefit is that they introduced me to nice places that I had never been inside before, and I will definitely be going back. 5 star meetup!

Ha
Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #27

Lots of great info on this thread. Dh and I are going to drive from San Jose to Vancouver for Thanksgiving and now have some fabulous ideas of places to go and see.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Lots of great info on this thread. Dh and I are going to drive from San Jose to Vancouver for Thanksgiving and now have some fabulous ideas of places to go and see.
We will wave at you as we drive the southbound I-5. Our turn to go the Los Altos from Portland.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I saw Fireup's post. She and her SO are the kind of super people who create a moving party wherever they are.
Ha
I had to laugh and thought of this after our adventures last night (thank you Ha for the kind words) - we were at WalHell getting paint for the basement...trying to get cheap paint tinted black for the floor mostly covered with area rugs...to make a long story short, we ended up entertaining FIVE "associates" and a customer over an hour with the paint tinting drama. One guy even clocked out at 8 pm and came back over to see how this debaucle was progressing...there was dark grey paint on the floor, white base in a bucket, lots of laughter and heckling and one-liners...we did end up with our black paint, and another customer got her two gallons of properly tinted paint as well! Most fun we have ever had in a WM!

Tags
lodging, meeting, oregon, vacation, washington