Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Our President's Intelligence
Old 06-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
Rumor has it that the President was visiting an Indian reservation to make a speech.* He prattled on about how his administration was committed to improving health care and education services on the reservation.* When he was through the Chief told him that, based on his speech the tribe would bestow the name "Walking Eagle" on Mr. Bush.* The President was very please and asked what the significance of the name was.* The Chief replied: " when an eagle is so full of s*** that is cannot fly, we call it Walking Eagle".*

* * * *Grumpy
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/eagle.asp

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Here is a tidbit that should increase Democratic liberal angst:

Karl Rove told me if the Democrats run Hillary and another strong candidate, he will have John McCain choose Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

Checkmate!

... and just what did you think they are grooming her for?

Ol&#039; Rancher<br /><br />I wake up in the morning with nothing to do, and by the end of the day, I feel lucky if I&#039;ve gotten less than half of it done.
Ol_Rancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol_Rancher
Here is a titbit that whould increase Democratic liberal angst:

Karl Rove told me if the Democrats run Hillary and another strong candidate, he will have John McCain chose Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

Checkmate!
Actually being a liberal, this would be very good news. Nothing is worse than Bush Jr. , and I was hoping that McCain would have gotten the nomination in 2000.

I would have little problem with McCain. The problem is the Right Wing Christian Fanatics control the GOP and McCain will never get the nomination. They even booed Colin Powel at the Convention! - That is how far wacked the GOP is today!

As far C. Rice goes, she'll kiss any one's butt to get somewhere. She is the poster child for an Uncle Tom as anyone I've ever seen!

BTW- If the Democrats nominate Hillary, they are doomed - As, much as I agree with her, she is no Bill Clinton! - They need to nominate John Edwards!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #24
Confused about dryer sheets

Martha & Laurence

Trust me, NY's junior senator is only a heroine in New York CITY (which we all wish WOULD secede and take foreign aid, because it would be less expensive for all of us), not in other parts of the state.* But what does she care, since all she has to do is carry metro NYC and she gets re-elected!* Can you spell statewide d-i-s-e-n-f-r-a-n-c-h-i-s-e-m-e-n-t, and I don't mean the kind that Rehv-rand Jackson babbles on about, either.
But then, our senior Senator is Chuckie Schumer, so we're twice-damned in the Empire State.
But the good news is that we don't live in Tax-a-chusetts...
Regards.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by playaman
I am no great admirer of President Bush, but anyone who denigrates his intellectual ability is sorely mistaken. Mr. Bush is very bright in the ways that matter most in politics and business -- building relationships and winning friends just long enough to accomplish most of what he wants to do.
Oh give me a break. The guy cant even read the cue cards sometimes.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So if a local idiot can build relationships and make friends he/she can be President....yikes
Old 06-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Maybe not - but the rascal wins elections - and we the Dems don't. Grump, grump.

Next time - a dum Democrat who can't read cue cards?

Heh, heh, heh

My late Father really liked Harry Truman.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #28

I agree with Laurence in that University grades are a poor indicator of intelligence. I knew of a couple of guys I was close buddies with (until they dropped out) that was lights out on standardized test (far better than me) but just outright flunked out. Very few people are so smart, they can just walk in and take a college test and make good grades (without studying) unless its just an easy course or perhaps the university isnt worth a damn.

i would have considered myself just of average intelligence for my peers at college, but my grades were well above average. I studied a lot.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Actually being a liberal, this would be very good news. Nothing is worse than Bush Jr. , and I was hoping that McCain would have gotten the nomination in 2000.

I would have little problem with McCain. The problem is the Right Wing Christian Fanatics control the GOP and McCain will never get the nomination. They even booed Colin Powel at the Convention! - That is how far wacked the GOP is today!

As far C. Rice goes, she'll kiss any one's butt to get somewhere. She is the poster child for an Uncle Tom as anyone I've ever seen!

BTW- If the Democrats nominate Hillary, they are doomed - As, much as I agree with her, she is no Bill Clinton! - They need to nominate John Edwards!
I agree with every word -- except I don't think John Edwards can beat McCain either.

Actually, I think I lean as far to the left as almost anyone on this board, but I don't know of anyone I would support over McCain right now. He would overhaul the Republican Party and bring them back to reason. I don't see a single Democrat that could do that much good for the country.

Of course, by 2008, things could change.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:49 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I've heard some liberals call C Powell an Uncle Tom. I guess if your black and work or support a Republican, you will get slapped with this label.*
Old 06-09-2005, 07:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG50
I've heard some liberals call C Powell an Uncle Tom. I guess if your black and work or support a Republican, you will get slapped with this label.*
Powell is no Uncle Tom, that's why he doesn't work for "W" any more.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I guess he wanted to shed the Uncle Tom label that was bestowed upon him by liberals.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #33

I listened to a one hour show on public radio last nite regarding why the the Republicans can't govern and the Democrats can't win. Don't tell anyone I listen to public radio.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

So it's settled then, McCain 2008? When do you think the ER board should hold the press conference endorsing him to have maximum effect?

Old 06-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
So it's settled then, McCain 2008?* When do you think the ER board should hold the press conference endorsing him to have maximum effect?*

He won't get the GOP nomination. The 14 Senators that compromised on the 'nuclear option' have already been targeted by the Christian right for punishment. McCain was one of them and the Christian right currently controls the GOP nomination process. Remember they picked 'W' over McCain!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

It's sick, isn't it? McCarthyism all over again. Were those 14 Senators the last to actually take their oaths seriously? (sigh)
Old 06-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #37
Give me a forum ...

If the Christian right has so much control over the Republican party, how did McCain win NH,MI,RI,CT,VT and AZ in 2000? I think he has a very good chance for the nomination if he decides to run. I hope he does.*
Old 06-09-2005, 10:27 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbykur
The Boston Globe recently obtained a copy of John Kerry's transcript. As it turns out, his average at Yale was 76 (vs President Bush's 77) and he received four grades of "D" during his freshman year. Food for thought!
I wonder how that compares to the rest of Yale's students at that time. Were they "average" or "above average"?

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I bet he publishes a very interesting book in 2009... just as soon as the last Bush leaves the White House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
I'm reading The Family, the unauthorized biography of the Bush Family written by Kitty Kelley. I'm pretty early in the book so I'm still on his grandfather, but there have already been a few negative comments about his father being weak and George W being a liar. Apparently the author had a terrible time getting information on teh Bush family and she had to hire attorneys to stop illegal blocking. Apparently lots of dirty little secrets.
Kitty Kelley is no princess either. My brother-in-law's CPA firm added a fax charge to her account for some information she'd asked for, and she quickly called the firm to discuss it with him in language that made even me blush. Apparently she guards her millions by watching the dollars and intimidating her service staff, but now she's doing it at another firm. I think the departure decision was mutual...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #40
Recycles dryer sheets

While we're on the subject, some of you might find this clip from Comedy Central about our president's speaking ability of interest.

http://www.xroadsfilms.com/batescomedycentral/ <http://www.xroadsfilms.com/batescomedycentral/>