Our President's Intelligence

I had to take the Mensa test, my curiosity and ego wouldn't let me walk away. I passed, but I don't think I broke any records. It's funny, you are considered one of the bright ones as you are growing up, then you get to college, and all of a sudden everyone is "one of the bright ones".

Probably one of the more difficult things I've had to deal with re: my daughter is the thought she won't ever participate in a conversation like this. I had been brought up to value intelligence over all else (ten generations of doctoral work, take THAT to therapy). While I've learned there are more important things in life, values pounded in as a kid are hard to completely rid yourself of. She is the nicest person I've ever met, though! :D

This is for Nords. No, it does not bother me that someone has a higher IQ than I do. Many people do. But the odds of someone with an IQ in the 170s showing up on this forum are incalcuably small. I have read th's posts. A guy obsessed with "snake" jokes and putting pancakes on mammal's heads? PLus......... read his posts. He can be humorous at
times. Otherwise, I am surprised he was even employable. If he was joking, he needed a smiley face. If not, I say it's bullshit.
He should be more careful what he posts if he wants to retain any credibility. Claiming a 170+ IQ is no way to do it.

JG

Thanks, P.S.! She started sitting up on her own a couple weeks ago, now that's all she wants to do, much to my fear (that's a big fall for a little baby!). You gotta let them grow up, though!

Whatever you say John... ::)

At least I've been smart enough to figure out the other half of the stories you tell sometimes.

Now lets get this straight...you quit work with no plan, without enough money, invest all your money into junk bonds of companies on the verge of bankruptcy, but you round it out by marrying a working woman who pays the bills but you dont mention her in most of your self aggrandizing statements about how easy it is to ER with no plan and no money.

You sound like a genius!

I'd rather be a moron and be truthful and honor my wife than be a brilliant boor.

Anywho, I had a friend in Mensa...he said to forget singles bars and that kind of thing...the meetings were the best place to pick up/get picked up.

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I joined Mensa.  Everything seemed to be crumbling around me, and I think I needed an ego boost.  As I recall, they had several ways you could qualify, i.e. their IQ test, combined SAT, GRE, ACT scores, etc.  I qualified under one of their standards--just b-a-r-e-l-y--and failed others, one of them miserably.

So, armed with my new MENSA card and my usual delusions, I set off for my first meeting.  It was held at a local beer 'n barf chain, Lums, no longer in existence. I entered.  My fellow Mensans weren't hard to spot.  Remember the original Star Wars bar scene?  (belying your friend's comment about pick up possibilities).  Anyhow...I hung around for a while, attempting bad small talk, and generally being extremely uncomfortable.  Finally, it dawned on me that--having just barely qualified--I was very likely the STOOPIDIST person in the room.  I left.

Some ego boost.

th said:
Whatever you say John... ::)Anywho, I had a friend in Mensa...he said to forget singles bars and that kind of thing...the meetings were the best place to pick up/get picked up.

Huh...Bill told me the place was packed with attractive, smart women that wanted to jump him.

Hmm...maybe he was fibbing? What are the odds? ;)

Back
Top Bottom