Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Our trip today to the bronx zoo
Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Our trip today to the bronx zoo

went to the bronx zoo today. i have to admit i was a little disapointed. the cost was rediculious with admission ranging from 15-27.00 per person depending what you want to see and if that isnt enough its 12 bucks to park the car plus an 11.00 dollar toll on the bridge to the bronx.
many exhibits were closed and while the free range structure for the animals is a good thing there are very few animals that are actually in view.
we were in and out in 3 hours and that was taking pictures.
shooting wild life is tough and we arent very good at it as far as capturing the emotion in an animal... we found our 200mm lenses were a mere fraction of what was needed to get in close and capture the eyes of the animal.
out of 300 pics i think we had 10 keepers. anyway heres a few

mathjak107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Sounds like an expensive trip, but I really like that first photo of the....Orangutans...Whos from Whovile...or are they Ewoks? Whatever they are, that is a good picture. The coloring, pose, facial expression, all make for a good pic of those really cool...something or anothers.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
went to the bronx zoo today. i have to admit i was a little disapointed.
Great pics. And I agree with your assessment of the Bronx Zoo...way too expensive for what you get.
av8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Your photos are spectacular! Keep'em coming!
Ronstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

thanks...its a nice feeling when people like our work...who knows one day this may be a retirement business for us... at least if we dont make money we still love doing it.
mathjak107 is offline   Reply With Quote