Out of the loop: Computer Programs?

A bump to add a few new or missed programs...

new QSView - Instant Google Street View You will Love This... Type in an address and stand back!

Google Images Try this... Can drop any pic into search box, and find similar or same pic on the internet... eerie

Google URL shortener A great extension for Chrome. Shorten long URLs

Process explorer An advanced version of Task Manager

System Info for Windows (SIW) A great diagnostic tool. Step Up for Aida32

Wanna mention these two programs again, because I think they are indispensable.

Everything - super fast internal file search ----

Readability - I use this on every news page, to get easy read print, no ads, format and type size. It's also available in a similar format as an extension in Chrome, where it's called IReader

Belarc Advisor - digs through Windows and catalogs information into one report for you.

VLC Media Player - amazing movie player

Will check out Everything.

Launchy. It catalogs your apps so you can hit ctrl-1 (or whatever) and type in the app name to run it (instead of looking for the app in the Start menu).

I rely on notepad for cut/paste stuff, and am still looking for a very simple EASY replacement with just a few more features.

I recommend OneNote. It came bundled w/ the MS Office pkg we got with our last machine (also Vista) and I ignored it for a few years because I didn't really understand its purpose or power. After figuring that out (which took all of an afternoon), it's become the most used app in our household.

Tyro

Google Images... drag and drop...
With lots of free time today, decided to play with the program... Often wondered about avatars, so dropped some of the forum avatars to see who the alter-egos were, and found out that Jean Paul ____ is actually older than me by 3 years. That makes me one of the younger guys... :dance::dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom