"Outside" earnings in ER

What percentage of your annual household spending comes from "outside" earnings?

• Less than 5%

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 5 - 15%

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 15 - 25%

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 25 - 40%

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Over 40%

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Still working -- ask me again later.

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

dory36

Early-Retirement.org Founder, Developer of FIRECal
Since DanTien has been on sabbatical lately, I thought I'd post this poll in response to the thread about defining ER.

Treating income or withdrawals from pensions, IRA/401k withdrawals, SS, and the like as "normal" retirement money, what percentage of your annual household spending comes from other sources, such as spousal income, rental real estate, part time jobs, sales of the candles you make as a hobby (?), etc?

Just to clarify, if you are "retired" and drawing from your portfolio while your spouse is adding to that portfolio, which dollars do you count first when determining the percentage?

For example, if you have $1mil and drawing out $40K while your spouse is working and adding $30K to that portfolio, would you answer 0%, 75%, or something else?

Here I had a perfectly simple question...

Do like we all do on census questions, marketing surveys, and political questionnaires ... just make something up! :-\

Since I don't w*rk nor print my own money (yet) all of my income comes from outside sources.

You need a 0% option since I dont' w*rk, got no rental prop, or no wife.

Back
Top Bottom