Join Early Retirement Today

Part time jobs for retired-consultancy??
Old 11-19-2016, 02:17 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Part time jobs for retired-consultancy??

Does anyone know anywhere in North America (Canada or US) any website that can assist with part time or consultancy jobs ? especially catered for highly experienced individuals and/or retired ?

Just to stay busy, its something i think is important and looking to start my research now.

Thanks

Mike
over50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 02:26 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I would look at Dice.com or monster.com.

There are always networking groups as well. Or go to meetup.com and fin a group that interests you.

If you really want to stay busy, the best place is to stay at the job you have before you retire. Why retire before you are ready to?
FIRE no later than 7/5/2016 at 56 (done), securing '16 401K match (done), getting '15 401K match (done), LTI Bonus (done), Perf bonus (done), maxing out 401K (done), picking up 1,000 hours to get another year of pension (done), July 1st benefits (vacation day, healthcare) (done), July 4th holiday. 0 days left. (done) OFFICIALLY RETIRED 7/5/2016!!
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

1) Linkedin comes to mind. Would place professional CV there.
2) Indeed.com is where I have resume.
3) In your field, you would join a professional group.
4) Join online discussion group such as this one.

In the beginning you get a lot of muck. As you tweak filters, there will be more signal and less noise.
target2019 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:00 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The above ones aren't that great - Linkedin as exception.

You might wanna try, depending on your field:
  • Maven.com
  • Hourlynerd.com
  • Zintro.com
  • a-Connect.com

There are bound to be more networks and sites for high-end stuff, but don't know them since I live in Europe.

Best bet is find a few freelancers in your field and ask them. It's usually a pretty open community and that in itself may lead to stuff.
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Currently i signed up to these websites:

-monster.com
-jobs4retired.com
-upwork.com

Already seems like there is some good options to look at. Will update you when i get contacted back or if anything comes into fruition.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

In the years between FI and FIRE, I assumed I would also be interested in part time work. So, I collected several sites. Turns out, nope, not a bit interested. At least not yet after nearly a year into ER. Your post caused me to go put a list together, so here it is. I have not actually so much as looked at any of these yet:

Elance.com
oDesk.com
Extra Income | Wise Bread
tutor.com
taskrabbit.com
mamadogmamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadogmamacat View Post
In the years between FI and FIRE, I assumed I would also be interested in part time work. So, I collected several sites. Turns out, nope, not a bit interested. At least not yet after nearly a year into ER. Your post caused me to go put a list together, so here it is. I have not actually so much as looked at any of these yet:

Elance.com
oDesk.com
Extra Income | Wise Bread
tutor.com
taskrabbit.com
Thank you Very much!! i shall go over them and give you an update within the next couple of months.