Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Maybe I have not heard all of his sermon clips, but I do not recall hearing him say white people were inferior as a consequence of their skin color. If he did, that would make him a loud bigot. What I heard was him decrying the way black people are and have been treated by the country as a whole, but primarily by the government. I don't know why certain white people insist on hearing something as an attack on whites as people when it is simply a black person complaining about how he or she is treated by the government. Maybe guilt? I don't know, but I do think the sensitivity is curious. And I think that is precisely the feeling that Ferraro was trying to tap into.
I do appreciate your explanation! :confused::confused:

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

Next time you presume to school me, you'd better be correct.

You constructed your argument on the basis that what Reverend Wright said was wrong. Essentially, what you have said is this: Rev. Wright was wrong - Obama did not stop it or leave - Obama is therefore wrong. This argument depends on the assumption that Rev. Wright was wrong. You may have your own reasons for believing that Rev. Wright was wrong, but they remain unstated. Accordingly, on the basis of the argument you actually presented, it is an a priori assumption that Rev. Wright was wrong.

Maybe you can run off now and discuss the proper spelling of potato with Dan Quayle.
The senator himself said that the Rev. Wright was wrong.
See the attached article.
Controversial minister off Obama's campaign -

I stated in my posts why I beleive this reflects poorly upon the senator.

Sometimes death is not as tragic as not knowing how to live. This man knew how to live--and how to make others glad they were living. - Jack Benny at Nat King Cole's funeral
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...
Politics, race, religion--this thread has nearly everything needed to make sure it gets locked.

Hey, I heard that Reverend Wright is advocating that his congregation pay off their mortgages early, buy variable annuities with half of their savings, and take a 6% withdrawal rate in retirement when valuations get right (he has a formula for this based on a 10 year P/E average).

There--that oughta do it . . .
"Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite." - R. Heinlein
Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #44

Living an analog life in the Digital Age.
Closed Thread