Paul Ryan's Plan...........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have met this guy on a couple occasions. He's a nice guy, and young (late 30's) He released this plan last week in the WSJ. Obviously it will never go anywhere but at least he's trying.........

http://www.americanroadmap.org/

Link contains a prescription for government to address the main causes of increased government spending in order to enhance US competitiveness and reduce the potential for a fiscal meltdown as govt expenditures increase on their presently forecast course. Discusses tax policy, health care, retirement spending, etc.

Some good ideas, many of them proposed elsewhere previously (which is no criticism of him--there are few new ideas in these areas).

The tax plan is similar to the plan of a previous House study group (which was, in turn, recycled by Thompson in his presidential bid). I wish McCain would pick it up and run with it.

Unfortunately, I think Ryan is swimming against public sentiment right now. The move is toward less reliance on individuals and more reliance on government-provided answers (paid for by . . um, "somebody else"). We'll need to realize we're off course before anyone yearns for a roadmap like this.

Hey, at least he's trying. I would like to see him get into the Senate at some point. He's a Republican I can get behind, too bad I'm not in his district........

Back
Top Bottom