PC or "thin-skinned"

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
OK, is it just me, or has this whole PC thing gotten entirely out of hand!!? Now remember, I've spent the last 30 years in the Marine Corps and Federal Prisons. Neither place is known for their sensitivity.

But I'm so sick of having to search for the politically correct way to tell someone that last month's bath just ain't cuttin' it anymore. Or telling some chick that the "Killer" outfit she is wearing to work probably is not the best choice in an environment full of stalkers, rapists, child molesters, and assorted other screwballs without her getting offended and reporting me for making sexually offensive remarks. She's going to get one of my guys hurt trying to rescue her blonde, bimbo, packaged-too-tight ass.

And I don't care if you are 45 years old and still can't ride the roller coaster because you don't come up to the top of Popeye's hand. So you're short, not vertically challenged. I'm 6'2" and 340 pounds. I'm fat, not suffering from a calorie addiction brought on by societal stresses of an unhappy childhood. Deal with it!! And now that you are all sitting there saying, "What the h3@& was that all about?"

It's just a bulletin board folks. The vast majority of us not only don't know each other, we probably will NEVER know each other. So why in the world would anyone take offense at a statement made here, by a person who doesn't know them or their circumstances, to other people who are equally unfamiliar about being lazy, or forcing someone to work past their prime, or not realizing that asset allocation means having assets in other places than different indexed funds.

Goodness people, grow some thicker SKIN!!! <end of rant>

(I've got real thick skin, just a real short stupidity fuse)

retiredbop said:
Or telling some chick that the "Killer" outfit she is wearing to work probably is not the best choice in an environment full of stalkers, rapists, child molesters, and assorted other screwballs without her getting offended and reporting me for making sexually offensive remarks. She's going to get one of my guys hurt trying to rescue her blonde, bimbo, packaged-too-tight ass.

Could be her goal. No better way to demonstrate sexual power.

It's just a bulletin board folks. The vast majority of us not only don't know each other, we probably will NEVER know each other.

And we can all give thanks for this. :)

Ha

GO, "Iron" Mike!!!

I'm with you! I normally REFUSE to be politically correct, because I don't think THAT would be politically correct. That's the reason for my tag line at the bottom:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss - ;)

I am basically a Neanderthal. But I try to be nice to my wife, children, and the people on this board.

It may be from age, but I am starting to suspect that having people think reasonably well of me is at least sometimes more important than setting them straight.

Overall, I am dismayed by what a slow learner I have proven to be.

Ha

HaHa said:
I am basically a Neanderthal. But I try to be nice to my wife, children, and the people on this board.

It may be from age, but I am starting to suspect that having people think reasonably well of me is at least sometimes more important than setting them straight.

I, too, agree with being nice to people on this board.....I don't have to be nice to my wife and kids because I have neither! The folks on here have been pretty nice to me....Thanks!

However....I don't give a rat's a** if most people don't think "reasonably well" of me (in my day-to-day life). I USED to care, but it became a major pain in the a** trying to be PC, and not p*ssing people off....but as I get older, I just don't give a sh*t hoot. :D

I saved this email exchange from work as an overly
PC example. I was prompting a vendor to create some
accounts requested a few weeks earlier.

-----Original message

This request was sent in last Friday Jul 14 2006,
and the natives are getting restless. Could we
get these created in the next day or so ?

----Response from supervisor cc'ed on email

You may not want to use the phrase "the natives are getting
restless". Some people could be offended.

Me neither

PLUS - I printed my curmudgeon certificate off this forum.

Thanks to sg

heh heh heh heh heh - and more and more I'm finding the courage to admit that often I don't know the answer - AND haven't a clue nor do I care to look for the answer.

HaHa said:
. . .Overall, I am dismayed by what a slow learner I have proven to be.

Ha
I can't believe you used the term "slow learner"? Didn't you mean to say "wisdom challenged"? :LOL: :LOL:

lets-retire said:
No to mention being overly PC confuses one's message.

I'm sensing that you may have wanted to say "Hypersensitivity towards establishing value and culture neutral messaging modalities could conceivably bear a disambiguation premium relative to a more subordinated emphasis on this element of the subject communication." However, I am fully prepared to cede to this prehension as being fallacious should you chose to so assert.

DRiP Guy said:
I'm sensing that you may have wanted to say "Hypersensitivity towards establishing value and culture neutral messaging modalities could conceivably bear a disambiguation premium relative to a more subordinated emphasis on this element of the subject communication." However, I am fully prepared to cede to this prehension as being fallacious should you chose to so assert.

I don't know. What are you trying to say? :D

I think you guys have been watching too much Fox "News" lately.

To kind of get back on rant. One thing I noticed working with the underbelly of society was PC is a "clean" phenomenon. When I was on the street daily working with those who are struggling to get by, if I tried to say things PC often times the people I was talking to, would just stare. As soon as I brought it down closer to the rawness of the street I would obtain decent results.

When I was dealing with the middle income and higher people just about everything had to be PC. Otherwise they would be offended by my speech. This situation was like watching a train wreck when observing the newbies going from working nights to afternoons or day shift.

Did you even consider that maybe others are not too "PC" but you are too thin-skinned about people calling you an A-hole when you unload on them?

lets-retire said:
Don--Who are you directing your statement to.
The OP, I guess it wasn't PC of me to fail be clear about that since lots of others will think I mean them. I hope you don't call me an a-hole in response - I am thin-skinned. :LOL:

In general, I am not PC, and am willing to take the stares and open-mouthed gapes from others who don't share my "enthusiasm"............ :D :D

DW has a friend that dresses very trashy when we go out with them. last year, when we went out, she looked like a hooker from the red light district............ :D :D

DW kept whispering to me to "not say anything", but of course I can't resisit:

DW Friend: Boy, it's fun to dress up..........

Me: How much did you pay for it?

DW Friend: $350

Me: you got ripped off.........because they forgot to sew on the other 50% OF IT! :eek: :eek: :eek:

donheff said:
The OP, I guess it wasn't PC of me to fail be clear about that since lots of others will think I mean them. I hope you don't call me an a-hole in response - I am thin-skinned. :LOL:

No, I was just attempting to figure out who you were talking to. For a long time my nickname was a-hole. :)

CyclingInvestor said:
You may not want to use the phrase "the natives are getting
restless". Some people could be offended.

LOL, as a matter of fact, I was recently "instructed" to"counsel" an officer for using the term "native" as it might be perceived as a racial slur by our predominantly black population. And I thought my Assoc Warden was freakin' nuts.

retiredbop said:
LOL, as a matter of fact, I was recently "instructed" to"counsel" an officer for using the term "native" as it might be perceived as a racial slur by our predominantly black population. And I thought my Assoc Warden was freakin' nuts.

I'm sure you could use that in Florida..........I used to see plates bragging about being a "native Floridian".............usually on the back of a beat-up pickup truck with a gun rack in the back of it.......... ;)

Back
Top Bottom