Join Early Retirement Today
Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Mine continued knocking for yrs after I got home. Sometimes wonder how many yrs I shortened my life span living in the jungle.
I think that tradeoff has to be evaluated in the context of the quality of the surfing...

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hey, I got elephantiasis (actually the microfilaria that eventually leads to it), but at least there was no malaria. Regular course of Hart's 30 day dewormer and I's good to go. And I didn't get eaten by a shark like one of the poor guys that worked in fisheries counting turtle nests on some small island. He had to swim in thru an ava in the reef. They found his headless body. Yikes! Hated that creepy, tingling feeling that would come on for no apparent reason after that. Now they have a surf camp down the road from where I lived. It was more like survivor man when I was there. Highest of highs, lowest of lows, but ahhhh the surf!

We are, as I have said, one equation short. Keynes
ronin is online now   Reply With Quote