Pet Peeves....

Westernskies

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Thought we might have some fun with this one....

A few personal non-favorites come to mind:

1. "Reality" TV, ie American Idol, Bachelor, Survivor, etc.
2. Eggs
3. People walking around in public places talking on hands-free cellphones
4. Massages
5. Facebook

Your Problems Solved Here - 5c

The Psychiatrist is in !

1. "Reality" TV, ie American Idol, Bachelor, Survivor, etc.
Then turn it off
Then don't eat em'
I agree, You need some rubber band justice
4. Massages
You don't have to have one
5. Facebook
Then don't go there

Massages? Oh well, to each his own.

Pet peeves?
1. Having to walk on eggshells around anyone.
2. No libraries are ever open on Sunday.
3. Having to use a dirty/smelly bathroom.

MasterBlaster, good advice, since I am peeved that the forum makes me hungry, I should log off (and cook up some eggs and corned beef hash). The part about cooking was not your idea, I think, but good advice.

Misinterpretation of posts could be a peeve.

1. Unnecessary disruption of the routines I like, despite them being routines.
2. Eating in public in open air.
3. Staying up late.

Ok…I’ll play…

Magazine subscription billing.
Fine Print.
Two squares of toilet paper left on the roll.
Weak bra straps.

BBB:I agree with you in everything you´ve listed. Well, on second thoughts, I guess I have no problems with weak bra straps...:cool:

Yappy dogs that are let out at 11 PM, 4 AM, or various other inconvenient times that sit outside and yip at your house constantly for an hour at a time.

To take an example at random.

given the nature of this forum guess I'd have to say.....

W*rk

And definitly agree with Kronk about the yapping little dogs.

Misuse of the apostrophe (as in, "I like apostrophe's.")

And "it's" used for "its" (as in, "My car's acting funny. I think it's gas tank is empty."

(These are my pet peeves only when they appear in printed material--newspapers, mailings, etc.)

Last edited:
Well, lima beans and liver come to mind :(

I have never liked either one and have memories of being served those foods as a kid, yucky!

Real estate

The phrase "Not so muuuch"

The phrase "being corporate"

9,000 different passwords

Well, lima beans and liver come to mind :(

I have never liked either one and have memories of being served those foods as a kid, yucky!

Ditto. Although they changed the name to 'butter beans' down South. In old age I can eat them - but I really really hated both as a kid. Especially when liver stunk up the whole house and 'they' (my evil parents) were doing it for me cause I needed the iron.

To this day I don't know what I did to deserve such punishment - I'd rather take a whipping. Grilled onions and brown crap they called gravy didn't help either.

This is a bad thread.

heh heh heh - :mad: But I'm older now and can eat what I want - even with high BP and choresterol. :nonono:

1.The death of the ly adverb
2. Dirt and crumbs on counters and by extension those nasty bar mops that are used in public eateries to clean tables
3. Complainers - Carp if you like, but unless you are actively trying to fix a situation I don't want to listen to whining about how horrid it is.
4. Low rise jeans and shirts that are too short to tuck in

Hey, I love American Idol! But, yeah, I do have pet peeves.

1. People who drive too fast or too slow during winter weather.
2. Big SUV's parked on either side of my car.
3. The Beltway.
4. Increased tolls on the Dulles Toll Road.
5. Drivers from Maryland.
6. The Springfield "mixing bowl".
7. Having to get an emmissions inspection.
8. HOV lanes.
9. I-95.
10. People texting or talking on cell phones while driving.

Wait a minute, all my peeves seem to be car or traffic related:blink: Welcome to the Washington, DC area.

Big SUV's parked on either side of my car.
I hear ya! I swear, I can be in a 5 acre parking lot, there will be 2 suv/pickups in that lot, and I guarantee they'll sandwich me right in between them. :rant:

While I'm on a roll, I'll add....

Customer reps I can barely understand that will tell me their name is 'Kevin'.

I love people walking around in public places talking on hands-free cellphones! (Well, as long as they're not too loud)

You can now walk around in public now having a great conversation out loud with yourself, and no-one thinks a thing about it anymore! What freedom!

Now, people driving one-handed while on the cellphone - that really gets me! It seems like whoever cuts too close, erratically changes lanes or takes corners - those people are ALWAYS on the cellphone!!!!!

Audrey

I guess this will sound trivial but here goes......

I can't stand to make a purchase when the total comes out to be something like $5.03 and I don't have the change. This results in receiving a handful of coins that I put into my pocket and I just don't like that at all.
Anyone else have this "change phobia"? I love the little "penny bowls" near the registers and always put my pennies into them, and take a few out when I need to. :LOL::whistle:

Hey, I love American Idol! But, yeah, I do have pet peeves.

1. People who drive too fast or too slow during winter weather.
2. Big SUV's parked on either side of my car.
3. The Beltway.
4. Increased tolls on the Dulles Toll Road.
5. Drivers from Maryland.
6. The Springfield "mixing bowl".
7. Having to get an emmissions inspection.
8. HOV lanes.
9. I-95.
10. People texting or talking on cell phones while driving.

Wait a minute, all my peeves seem to be car or traffic related:blink: Welcome to the Washington, DC area.

That's why we moved to West-By-God-Virginia from Maryland.:D Except Virginia drivers aren't any better. I think it's endemic to the DC area.

1. Rude, selfish, obnoxious, condescending people.

2. Irresponsibility. In any way, shape, or form.

That's why we moved to West-By-God-Virginia from Maryland.:D Except Virginia drivers aren't any better. I think it's endemic to the DC area.

Yeah, it's the age old gripe in this area. VA drivers say MD drivers are the worst and vice versa. Truth is, most drivers here are pretty lousy.

"Country roads, take me home,
To the place where I belong,
West Virginia, mountain mama.
Take me home, country roads."

Back
Top Bottom