Pete Sampras Robbed

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Former tennis champ Pete Sampras got most of his trophies and awards stolen:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1208-dwyre-20101208,0,1757631.column

Theives have not respect for history.

It's pretty sad, I always liked him as a player and the way he conducted himself -- he really didn't care for the limelight, but in his prime, man could he play.

Kind of amazing that he just had that stuff in a storage locker like everyone else.

He was not robbed. He was burgled.
Reminds me of the time we came home one evening and walked into the house from the garage as the thieves were running out the front door. I called the cops to report a robbery and was informed of my terminology error - and received a lecture from the 911 operator.

Pissed doesn't adequately describe my reaction...

You guys are horrible. Having fun at someone's misfortune. I must admit, nice puns though.

A friend of my brother one time had an intruder (note, used a different word than robber or burglar :LOL:) climb into his house right through the window while he was there. So my bro's friend yells "get the hell out of here" and the intruder took off.

On the Sampras case, puns aside, I'd like to know more about the details. For example, where the locks to the storage whacked off. If not, I wonder if this stealing was from an inside job. Were the thieves casing his storage lockers for some time? That would even make it feel more creepy.

Guess my curiosity is going as I've been watching too many episodes of "Criminal Minds" as of late.

To whack off a lock. Or to use an ax to whack off a branch for firewood is a common expression. Besides that, I have no idea what other meaning you could be talking about. :angel:

Of course, you're more than welcome to elaborate if you wish.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"...Sigmund Freud

Back
Top Bottom