Phone commercial insults older people...

I thought the commercial was funny. It is over the top :LOL:

The commercials that used to make my teeth grind were the ones showing kids and fathers making a mess (spilling drinks, muddy feet, doing things in the house that belonged outside, etc) and there was good ol' Mom to clean up after them. :mad:

On the lighter side, here's a Mr Clean ad that I'm sure never made it on TV. It's a bit risque, but funny if you have a good sense of humor.

Controversial Mr Clean Ad - YouTube

You will also see people driving while talking on their phones at any hour of the day. Who do they talk to? What can they find to talk about? I don't think I make more than a couple phone calls a month.
Thank you! I thought I was the only one. What the heck do you have to say that you are always on the phone?

I put about 5k miles on the car the last 2 months. Lots of driving. Almost without exception, when I would come upon a car that was going slow, or not obeying the lane markers, it was someone looking at their device (or typing on it).

This is very dangerous and irritating. You are going 70 and pass them as they are doing 55. Once they finish, they zoom by you at 80. Then 1/2 hour later, you are passing the slow weaver again as they are answering their next text. This is craziness! I know it is now illegal almost everywhere, but it doesn't matter, it is accepted amongst the "youngsters." (I'm officially old, I guess.)

This is craziness! I know it is now illegal almost everywhere, but it doesn't matter, it is accepted amongst the "youngsters." (I'm officially old, I guess.)
I see 30 something mothers doing this very often. Since I walk, I watch the drivers very carefully, and no way is this solely a problem for the so called youngsters.

Ha

I see 30 something mothers doing this very often. Since I walk, I watch the drivers very carefully, and no way is this solely a problem for the so called youngsters.

Ha
When I drive, I have gotten to the point that I assume ALL drivers are using their cell phone. I see too many examples of approaches to stop signs and yield signs without one iota of speed decrease. :nonono:
Then screeeeech on come the brakes. Or so I desperately hope that will happen. :blink:

If an alien landed and watched people acting like that...playing around with a funny little gadget that runs people's lives instead of really communicating and doing real life things...that alien would conclude that the human species is a pretty low form of life and move on to another planet. A little device is controlling the humans causing them to do illogical things, (like spending their last dime to keep the gadget up to date and with an unlimited subscription).

Your comments reminded me of a short film I saw years ago where aliens thought cars were the dominant species and human were parasites that cohabited with cars.

What on Earth! by Les Drew & Kaj Pindal - NFB

Some mornings I wake up and wonder what the latest cause of "outrage on the internet" will be. I guess these ads are today's :)

I agree with donheff, who said that they were simply having a little fun with stereotypes.

Last edited:
I didn't find it insulting, but I look at commercials as sources of humor and not as content to consider when buying a product.

I didn't bother to watch the ad. Why would I? I skip all ads when possible!

+1. And it's pretty much always possible. Even if I'm not watching a show I've DVRed, I usually start watching the show, pause it for about 10 mintues while I do a few things, play on the computer, whatever, then I can FF through the commercials from that point on. The best way to protest crappy (ie. all) commercials is to not watch them.

And this is an improvement. I've never watched ads. And my theory is that avoiding them helped me LBYM by not making me "want" things. Before the introduction of the the DVR I used to change channels when the commercials came on. DW is much less unhappy with me since we got the DVR.

DW is much less unhappy with me since we got the DVR.
Harley, I love the way you phrase this. You have the syntax of the veteran husband.

Ha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom