Pics from our latest trip

Ronstar

Moderator Emeritus
We just finished our 2000 mile Chicago - Phoenix driving adventure, visiting Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak (snowing), and Royal Gorge Bridge in Co, Taos and Santa Fe in Nm, Sedona and Scottsdale/Phoenix in Az. Here's the route and a few pics:

map1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

Yes, "Garden of the Gods" (your 1st 3 photos) is aptly named. What a trip this must have been. Good on you, mate.

Wow, that bridge is spectacular (and scary if you happen to be a teensy bit afraid of heights)! What beautiful scenery.

Hey...great pics and most look familiar as DH was in CO the first week of September. I love the sign on the bridge...:D

Attachments

• DSC00849.jpg
    DSC00849.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 4
Did you take a balloon ride?

Yes, we took a balloon ride in Sedona, Az. It was amazing. Lasted about hour and a half, but it was early morning, hazy and most of the pics didnt turn out too well. Only had 2 mph winds. I could not believe how quiet it was up there just floating around.

Wow, that bridge is spectacular (and scary if you happen to be a teensy bit afraid of heights)! What beautiful scenery.

Yes - it was a little scary. It had wood planks for decking (some a little loose) that you could look between and see the river below. Plus the bridge swayed a little

Yes, we took a balloon ride in Sedona, Az. It was amazing. Lasted about hour and a half, but it was early morning, hazy and most of the pics didnt turn out too well. Only had 2 mph winds. I could not believe how quiet it was up there just floating around.

Sounds wonderful, I'd like to try it someday.

Yes - it was a little scary. It had wood planks for decking (some a little loose) that you could look between and see the river below. Plus the bridge swayed a little

Oh my...I don't think I could handle that, personally! I'm glad you had fun, though.

Back
Top Bottom