Picture Proof of Global Warming-Gore Celebrates

poboy

Recycles dryer sheets
Picture Proof of Global Warming-Gore Celebrates

img_413340_0_94397ac9e04dfd821cc0dbfdf7fb6eea.jpg

Re: Picture Proof of Global Warming-Gore Celebrates

DOG51 said:
I'm glad I live in this era.  :)

I'm guessing that may depend on whether you have a daughter or not. ;)

I told my wife that if we had a daughter we'd be rolling her up in a rug and keeping her locked in a room until she was 40.

Then we'd unroll her from the rug. Not unlocking the room though.

Back on topic, I'm going to bet that any discussions scheduled for this week on whether there's global warming or not were rescheduled out a week or two by the naysayers ;)

bow-tie said:
I'm guessing that may depend on whether you have a daughter or not. ;)
Shouldn't she be doing her own damn laundry?

I have always been skeptic of this global warming stuff.  But I am now converted.  This proof is solid.

I hate to say this but, here it goes "It is the population, stupid." We are at 6.6 billion and will be going to 10 billion by 2050. No one is willing to say this is the issue so they blame the byproduct of what these people want to make their life better. Remember the movie Solent Green? It was right on.

See what you guys started!!!

Attachments

• thong.jpg
    thong.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 158

I'm with you, Dex. With a U.S. population of 100 million, and a world population of 3-4 billion, the problem would be tractable. The word "overpopulation" rarely comes up even on news stories about gridlock or famine.

Is that rhino wearing lipstick?

Soylent Green

Attachments

• soylent_green1.jpg
    soylent_green1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 151

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I cannot let this pass...

or this... :D

Attachments

• aboutschmidt1.jpg
    aboutschmidt1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 143

Ah crap...please make it go away!!!!!!!!!!

Actually considering how badly blistered my eyes were made by the preceding photos, Kathy doesnt look too bad! :p :p

dex said:
I hate to say this but, here it goes "It is the population, stupid." We are at 6.6 billion and will be going to 10 billion by 2050. No one is willing to say this is the issue so they blame the byproduct of what these people want to make their life better. Remember the movie Solent Green? It was right on.
Actually Scientific American had a terrific article about population growth in their Jan 06 issue. The article essentially stated that the hysteria about population growth stripping resources etc was unfounded. The authors pointed out that global birth trends are actually going down in developed nations. Almost all population growth comes from third world countriesand as these countries develop, birth rates decline. You need to be a subscriber to see the article but the main web page is here: http://www.sciam.com/

Maybe the authors haven't tried to drive from Santa Rosa to San Francisco.

TromboneAl said:
Who would ever leave Santa Rosa? lol.. seriously, that is a brutal drive but it is really just poor planning - 90% of the road only has 2 lanes in each direction! A few more lanes in each direction and you'd probably be singing a different tune....

1. My old fishing spot on the upper Green River was populated with good ones(not fisherman anymore) but my sister was driving and we didn't stop.

2. They added a lot more lanes since the 60's in my old stomping grounds and the traffic is as bad or worse.

3. Not too bad in my little corner of Missouri - traffic wise but lack the view.

heh heh heh - my water bill agree's with this global warming theory.

OldMcDonald said:
Are you sure?
I wonder if she's sucking on a diet cola...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Actually considering how badly blistered my eyes were made by the preceding photos, Kathy doesnt look too bad! :p :p
Don't get your hopes up... it's probably just those special-effects wizards from Industrial Light & Magic!

TromboneAl said:
Is that rhino wearing lipstick?
Only a little bit of eye shaddow. That's no slut rhino. :D :D :)

Alex said:
Actually Scientific American had a terrific article about population growth in their Jan 06 issue. The article essentially stated that the hysteria about population growth stripping resources etc was unfounded. The authors pointed out that global birth trends are actually going down in developed nations. Almost all population growth comes from third world countriesand as these countries develop, birth rates decline. You need to be a subscriber to see the article but the main web page is here: http://www.sciam.com/

This is why I have been skeptical of global warming over the years (but don't pile on, if you check the earlier threads on GW you will see that I have converted to a sorta believer recently). I remember the horror stories of "the population explosion" from the 60s/70s, backed up with all sorts of stats to prove we would be eating each other (a la Soylent Green) by now. I also remember the US specific "Workforce 2000" scare in the early 90s, also backed up by a variety of theorists. Neither scenario came to pass and, in fact, the opposite seems to have occured. Now, in the developed world, the fear is that not enough workers are being born to sustain productivity. Immigration is a partial solution but presents the danger of cultural/political instability. Population growth in the third world may be a continuing problem but , based on earlier prognostications, who knows?

Hmmm

Isn't it amazing all the data/theory/speculation we can get from examing the picture that started this thread.

heh heh heh - first cup of coffee.

donheff said:
I remember the horror stories of "the population explosion" from the 60s/70s, backed up with all sorts of stats to prove we would be eating each other (a la Soylent Green) by now.

Ah yes, "Limits to Growth" by the "Club of Rome", "Global Cooling" and all those other popular 1970s theories  :D

The problem is that "past performance does not guarantee future results". At this point demographers think that development and better infant health care lead to a temporary baby boom, which then dissipates as families realize that they no longer need to have 6 children. Hence the predicted stabilization of the planet's population by the middle of the 21st century. But who knows what these pesky humans will actually do?

Who would ever leave Santa Rosa? lol.. seriously, that is a brutal drive but it is really just poor planning - 90% of the road only has 2 lanes in each direction!  A few more lanes in each direction and you'd probably be singing a different tune....

I've read that by the time most road projects designed to reduce congestion are completed, the traffic has increased enough that the congestion is just as bad as it was.  That is, unless some concrete panels fall on the cars.

TromboneAl said:
I've read that by the time most road projects designed to reduce congestion are completed, the traffic has increased enough that the congestion is just as bad as it was. That is, unless some concrete panels fall on the cars.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom