Pictures and Video from our Hawaii Trip

Al those are some great photos. It looks like you had a blast.

So does Nords give free surfing lessons to all ER.org members?? I might just have to swing by . . .

and why does Nords just wear one flip flop? LBYM?? i.e.; Buy a pair; wear one until worn out; wear the other one ... walk with a bit of a hop in your step when sidewalk is hot ...

Or what?

t.r.

Last edited:
Does Lena make all the bead necklaces?

(I am addicted to beading right now)

Hey, Al! Thanks for the pix.... Brings back a lot of memories,and makes me ready to go again. Looks like you guys had a great time.:)

why does Nords just wear one flip flop?

The answer is in the picture.

Does Lena make all the bead necklaces?

She made the light blue one (in the elevator shot, for example). The shell necklace that I'm wearing is given away free at Hilo Hattie's.

nice pics. looks like you had a great time. like the surfboard bike rack but hard turns must be a little tricky.

So does Nords give free surfing lessons to all ER.org members?? I might just have to swing by . . .
Absolutely. If you can swim then I can teach you to surf. It'll take an hour or less, and then it'll take you a lifetime to get your fill.

... you sure that flip flop is rated for an eleven footer?
It crushed it. That tanker was wider than my arms are long (had to be carried on my head) and it turns like the Exxon Valdez. But man, what a sweet ride. We also appreciated the turn signals and the tail-mounted beer cooler, although we removed them for this photo.

My preferred board is the nine-footer held by my daughter (made by Keola Rapoza, a local T&C shaper) and she prefers the 7'9" "Bic" (the French ball-point pen maker) injection-molded plastic board that Al's holding. The 9'0" is traditional fiberglas on hand-shaped Clark foam. An injection-molded board has no soul but [-]you can empty an entire machine-gun clip into it and it'll still float[/-] it's nearly teen-proof, especially in the parking lot. She's also used it to master the art of no-paddle takeoffs in four-foot waves or bigger, but I wouldn't recommend that technique.

Great photos Al! We only spent one day and one night in Honolulu en route to Maui. Seeing these photos makes me want to go back for more like a week. I'm putting that on my "to do list" right now.

Hank

I so enjoyed your pictures. They brought back memories for me too. My husband and I took a dinner cruise like you did. Soooo nice.

BTW, what % of your trip expense was apportioned to liquid refreshment? Don't try to BS us, I know you tracked every penny you spent...

I'll have that analysis when my credit card statement closes and I can download the data. We had a goal to party our way to a total trip cost of $4,000, but it looks like it's only going to be about $3,400. Last year was $3,100.

Aww- that was great Al!

Maybe next time I'll have photos of my trip to Hanalei, Kauai. Large numbers of surfers (not me), many whales ( not me, either).

One word: "priceless". What great pics Al. These are memories you will treasure forever. This is what ER is all about!

Al - you're making me very jealous. It's so great that you had such a good time. Hope there will be many more!

Thanks Al great pictures loved them. It's going to be more difficult to report to w#@k tomorrow after looking at those.

Nords, my wife and I will be out for our lesson in two years.:)

Great pics. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

But I'm a whoosey - I don't wanna cut my foot. Gonna stay in Kansas this year!

heh heh heh - seriously. - looks like a good time was had by all!

Al - I recognize that board that Nords daughter had - I used it! Great pics - yup gotta love the umbrella drinks. Looks like you made yourself 'earn' them like we did - earned with fund activities of course!

Thanks for posting the great pictures, Al. Looks like you had a fantastic time. Makes me want to return also. My girlfriend is going in 04/08 and wanted me to go back with her again, but I want to go with my DH next time, so I am waiting.

I so regret not getting my free lesson with Nords. Nords, it looks like your daughter has grown taller and she is very lovely.

Looks like you had a great time, Al!

That was one heck of a coral cut. Don't know if you have had one before, but they sometimes take a while to heal. Oh well. Souvenirs come in a lot of varieties. If it takes a long time to heal, then you can remember how much fun you had in Hawaii when you take care of it.

Thanks for posting!

The photos were lovely. Glad you had a good time!

Back
Top Bottom