Piling food on your pet (or whatever)

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Awright, TH, Martha, I was saving this for a rainy day but I've been smiling about it all morning and it's burning a hole in my posting queue.

So here we are from my latest edition of NetSurfer: Cat Buckaroo.

"People all across the Internet are latching on to cat buckaroo, a game in which you test how many things you can stack on your cats before the animals decide they've had enough. The trick is to snap a photo of the collection on your feline foundation before the Great Stalking Off. Note that you should never stack anything on your cat that might injure it; this has been known to cause litterbox non-compliance. The game seems to have been invented at the Halfbakery blog two years ago, but has risen to prominence after one MrA posted a set of cat buckaroo pics to his blog. Stuffonmycat.com is just waiting for the idea to explode, and strats off with the bound-to-be-classic photo of Jason the baby on top of Rosco the cat." (TH, I can see the smile on your face. Don't even think about it...)

Halfbakery: http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Cat_20Buckaroo
MrA: http://www.ashearer.f2s.com/blog/?p=2
Stuffonmycat.com: http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

Oh man, I laughed so hard looking at these pictures that my secretary thinks something is wrong with me. I might have to go home and experiment.

Thats pretty funny. None of my cats would allow anything to be put on them for more than a microsecond, asleep or not. I have produced some entertaining 3-5 minute periods by putting a rubber band on their tail or around one foot. Shooting a cat with a rubber band from a distance is also entertaining because they have absolutely no idea where it came from and are both puzzled AND annoyed.

Baby has already ridden Ted The Pony Dog a few times (clearly with extensive parental assistance). Jasmine has no interest in being a beast of burden, but we cant stop her from wanting to lick Gabes face. He opens his mouth right up when he sees the dog snout headed in his direction too. Swell. Oh well, he'll have pretty good immunity I guess.

I had the baby balanced on teds back one morning, and ted had a frozen waffle in his mouth (one of his favorite treats...still frozen only though) and thought...if I can only get to a pancake and the camera before this all goes to hell I'll have...aw heck...there goes the waffle...

Yep I was right. Got two tissues, the pediatricians business card and the cap off a baby bottle onto the cat in a few quick furitive moves, and less than a second later she bolted off my desk to the dining room table where she's taken up a defensive stance.

My wife just said "What the hell are you doing?"

Oh, what a hoot! My cats are in trouble now :D

img_309339_0_afd489e8b42b577879c82e368e9a24b6.jpg

I hate to open a can of worms here but . . . Martha has a series of pictures called "Snake with Hats." You'll have to ask her if you want to see them? If she won't show you, I'd just like to mention that they all look jaunty--almost pirate-like.

They're pretty old. She wanted to blow them up and make a coffee table book for some retirement money, but neither of us could get the snake to pose in a variety of different ways. A series with all the same 'look' just wouldn't sell well--except on some other forum.

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
I hate to open a can of worms here but . . . Martha has a series of pictures called "Snake with Hats."

Shhhh... don't tell th.

[Homer] Ohhhhh [/homer]

Martha has far more compliant pets than I do!

By the way, do NOT image google "pirate snake" while at work... :p

LOL! Me and a coworker learned the hard way not to image google "golden bear" at work either!

Martha, I have a bed like that for my cat.....only he refuses to touch fleece. He will not sit on a fleece blanket or get into his bed unless the fleece is covered by a towel.

I should take some pictures of what he does with his feet when I try to lower him on something fleece. All 4 feet go straight out.

Well, I've been trying to get my elder cat to play along, but not much luck.  I put a small piece of paper on her back .. all was well until she happened to notice it.
Too bad I didn't have the video camera .. her jump was of Olympic quality!

How about an alternative approach?

See how much stuff you can pile on your spouse while he/she is sleeping without waking them up?

th said:
How about an alternative approach?

See how much stuff you can pile on your spouse while he/she is sleeping without waking them up?

I think my cats already play a version of that game when we're sleeping...

Back
Top Bottom