Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Here is what I don't get... why would a woman lock the bathroom door between her and her sweetheart? Close the door, yes. Lock the door tells me she wanted security.

I think they had an argument, she got out of bed, went to the bathroom and locked the door. He got angry and shot intending to kill her. The locked door destroys his claim that they had a loving relationship.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat View Post
Here is what I don't get... why would a woman lock the bathroom door between her and her sweetheart? Close the door, yes. Lock the door tells me she wanted security.

I think they had an argument, she got out of bed, went to the bathroom and locked the door. He got angry and shot intending to kill her. The locked door destroys his claim that they had a loving relationship.
My sentiments exactly......I'm thinking he threw a hissy fit/temper tantrum and started blasting.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Pistorious is represented by Barry Roux who is said the be the best defence counsel in South Africa (others may disagree).

Remember the trial is before a judge and 2 assessors (the civil system), not a jury, although the cross examination seems to be conducted as if it was a jury trial.
Aus_E_Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
....I think they had an argument, she got out of bed, went to the bathroom and locked the door. He got angry and shot intending to kill her. The locked door destroys his claim that they had a loving relationship.
Too bad she didn't run out the front door instead. She had her whole life in front of her, and he stole it in a fit of rage.
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Yes, I just learned of that locked door detail today when I clicked through some interactive graphic (otherwise, I have not really followed this, just the bits & pieces you can't help but hear).

Did this come up in any of the cross examination? It sure seems odd to lock the bathroom door, unless as you say, she was afraid.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
My sentiments exactly......I'm thinking he threw a hissy fit/temper tantrum and started blasting.
In earlier testimony, he was said to fire a gun out an open car sunroof, in a fit of rage.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

No self defense expert will tell you to shoot through a wall. Who knows what's behind it?

In this state, you're likely to be charged with 3 felonies for that action. Bullets can't see, they hit whatever and possibly keep on going. It's amazing how many pieces of sheet rock a bullet can pass through.
MRG
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
rather, the lack thereof.
I stand corrected.
robnplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

He's toast. And I think that is fine with a large majority of the human race because few believe his theatrics. Fine with me - fry him.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #30

She was standing facing the door and he claims she never said anything while he was yelling to call the police. The logic he stands on in defense of his actions has me stumped.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f44/why-i-believe-we-are-about-to-embark-on-a-historic-bull-market-run-101268.html
Running_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Here is the floodgate: Are These THE Funniest Oscar Pistorius Jokes?! - Sickipedia.org!
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Man View Post
She was standing facing the door and he claims she never said anything while he was yelling to call the police. The logic he stands on in defense of his actions has me stumped.
No pun intended...

Have paid no attention to the trial, as I do with most dog and pony shows very public trials. My gut tells me he's a total d*ck, and likely shot her in a fit of rage. Hopefully, justice will be properly served.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #33
Recycles dryer sheets

In the South Africa justice system, once the defendant begins testimony, he or she cannot have any contact with the defense attorneys. The defendant must testify without the benefit of counsel. Very different from the American system, and perhaps not a bad thing.
Wishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
In the South Africa justice system, once the defendant begins testimony, he or she cannot have any contact with the defense attorneys. The defendant must testify without the benefit of counsel. Very different from the American system, and perhaps not a bad thing.
Thanks for the clarification. That's why I mistakenly thought he was representing himself as there was no "I object" as the pitpull prosecutor was telling Pistorius to "Say it..."

The system might be not a bad thing, but in baseball terms it's like the Pitcher in the AL throwing at a batter then hiding behind the DH rule