Pixar's UP

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Occasionally:

• LeBron misses at the buzzer
  • Apple makes a bad product
  • Buffett loses money
  • Obama gives a dull speech ...
But Pixar never makes a bad movie.

Up will make you cry, laugh, get scared, and think. Go see it, it's from Pixar nuff said.

Oh 98% of the critics at Rotten Tomato agree.

Amen to Pixar and good movies. The last one I saw was Wall-E.
UP looked a little oddball in the previews, but I will take your recomendation and put it in my Netflix queue. :D
I reserve the theatre experience for space and special effect movies and sweeping scenery type movies. Otherwise, it's Netflix all the way.
Matinee cost: $11 for 2 adults.
Netflix cost: $10.99/mo last time I checked. We average 4 movies per month, delivered right to the mailbox.

My wife doesn't normally make too many comments about wanting to go out and pay to see a movie on the big screen, but she wants to for this one. It only happens once or twice a year, so I guess it's a cheap enough occasional indulgence.

Saw a screening of Up during the week. Very well done. Unfortunately the screening was not in 3D. I noticed the theaters were charging an extra $2.50 for the 3D version. The movie was only about 70 mins. long, probably so the kids would be able to sit through it. There was also a cute short animated film before Up about storks delivering babies formed by the clouds.

The film is listed as 96 minutes (though it seems much shorter, I would have gladly sat through another an hour). Plus the charming short makes it a normal length move experience.

The animation is so beautiful that I personally think it qualifies as special effect movie. I didn't see it in 3D but I may go back and do so. Since Netflix I only see three or four movies a year in the theater. IMO eventhough it is a character/story movie, the experience is enhanced by seeing it in a theater.

I saw it in 3d with the kiddos, definitely worth it. 3d has come a looong way from those red and blue paper glasses, this is so much better. It can be a challenge if u wear glasses though so beware you'll have to fidget with them, but otherwise it was simply amazing.

The movie was sweet , funny and thoughtful too...my six year old even teared up... I'll gladly hit the replay when it comes out on dvd...they spend so many years on each movie guess it wouldn't be motivating to churn out avg flicks? I heard they even went back and redid the opening score after the first internal screening...what great leadership

Yeah, the 3D is simply amazing - there were ooohs and aahs from the whole audience (adults and kids) once they told you to put on the glasses. And they previewed a bunch of new movies coming out in 3D...seems to be the wave of future animation.

If you've ever been to CA Adventure at disneyland, they have a bug's life movie that is close to 4D - they have the movie, then live robots of the characters that pop out and talk during the movie and interact with the movie, sensory things like cold or warm air, fog piping into the theatre, they even spit water on you when a character spits on another. It got to be too much for the kids so we left (it was too scary when the grasshoppers invaded, felt like you were in a war scene) but cool for the older ones who can handle it.

Back
Top Bottom