Playing PAL formatted DVD?

hguyw

Recycles dryer sheets
Hopefully there are some electronic gurus on here that can answer my question.

I want to order a DVD that's PAL formatted (but "region free" so will play worldwide). I already know my DVD recorder won't play it on my TV, but will I be able to watch it on my laptop? I have a CD/DVD drive in the laptop, plus an external DVD/CD writer (operating instructions make no mention of formatting).

Also, if I can play it on the computer, will I then be able to watch the DVD on my TV if I connect the laptop to it?

TIA!

Don't know much about playing PAL DVDs on computers, but I do play them on my TV.

I have a couple of multi-system DVD players I bought from amazon for under $100, made by Phillips. Search for multi-system DVD player, pick out one and if you read the comments, someone tells you how to set them to multi-region. I'm a fan of British TV and I buy DVDs from Amazon UK for much less than you can get them for here, even with high exchange rates and overseas shipping.
I just checked Amazon and they are selling them now as multi-region, you don't even need the hack to re-set them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom