Please post your favorite podcasts

gretah

Recycles dryer sheets
I love podcasts. Below is my list. I'd love to read yours!

99% Invisible - design
Aloud at Los Angeles Library - lectures
Boston Calling - BBC production reporting on US to Brits
Clark Howard - consumer advocate
EntreLeadership - Ken Coleman, advice for small biz
The Feed - cooking, restaurants, chefs
Financial Samurai - personal finance for those w/ $3m
Global Business - BBC news section
Gravy - Southern history and cooking
Great Women of Business - business biographies
HBR IdeaCast - Harvard Business Review
Hidden Brain - psychology and sociology
Hidden Forces - commentary
How I Built This - entrepreneurs and their stories
Ken Coleman - advice for small business owners
Marketwatch - Wall Street & other money matters
Milk Street radio - cooking, restaurants, chefs
Modern Love - NY Times, stories read by famous actors
Radical Personal Finance - personal finance, Q&A are best
Side Hustle School - small business
Side Hustle Show - small business
The Splendid Table - cooking, restaurants, chefs
TED radio hour - Excerpts of TED talks with commentary
Tim Ferriss - interviews with others are best
World Update BBC - news

This American Life, Snap Judgment, The Moth Radio Hour

Handel on the law legendary snark
This American Life classic
Planet Money
Built to Sell radio experiences of business owners on exiting
Freakanomics
Fresh Air Terry Gross interviews everybody
Car Talk classic. Car repair is a platform for Tom & Ray ti have some laughs
Ear Hustle San Quinton inmates on life on the inside

I love podcasts and wish I could list my favorite podcasts, but TBH I literally cannot do that here. Why? Because I really enjoy listening to the wildest, most insanely extremist political podcasts that I can find. All of them are objectionable to many and totally inappropriate to list on this forum. :eek:

I don't AGREE with all of them, or disagree with all of them. I like listening carefully to exactly what they have to say, so that I can nail down (in my own mind) where I stand on what they are saying and what I think about it.

Entertainment for truly aged and nearly brain dead introverts, I suppose.

Colorado Public Radio: Colorado Matters
Lance Armstrong: The Forward

Fresh Air, radio lab, hidden brain, revisionist history, invisivilla,ear hustle

Aside from the usual and popular NPR podcasts, I love Ear Hustle, which has been mentioned several times, and Stacking Benjamins, a personal finance show that cracks me up every time.

Also like the Outside Magazine podcast, one for women called She Explores, a cooking show called Milk Street, and Larry Wilmore Black on the Air.

Thanks for sharing! Now I have over a dozen new podcasts to explore!

Kermode and Mayo's Film Reviews - two English guys in their 50's I'd say, whose witterings are funny. Lots of ongoing in-jokes, so it might be an acquired taste.

Do you remember why Agnew resigned?

DW and I were on a road trip recently and we really enjoyed this podcast. Not only was I too young to have much context back then, but the whole Nixon / Watergate scandal overpowered everything else.

I never realized what Agnew had actually done criminally wrong, how he tried to obstruct justice and his political war on the Press and Justice Department. I'd also never heard his repeated claims that Nixon was trying to have him assassinated. Additionally, I never realized how close he came to becoming president when Nixon was ready to resign.

There are some parallels hinted at to today's situation, but that aside, I found it a fascinating history lesson and a real hole in my understanding of how the whole scandal unfolded.

https://www.msnbc.com/bagman

I love podcasts and wish I could list my favorite podcasts, but TBH I literally cannot do that here. Why? Because I really enjoy listening to the wildest, most insanely extremist political podcasts that I can find. All of them are objectionable to many and totally inappropriate to list on this forum. :eek:

I don't AGREE with all of them, or disagree with all of them. I like listening carefully to exactly what they have to say, so that I can nail down (in my own mind) where I stand on what they are saying and what I think about it.

Entertainment for truly aged and nearly brain dead introverts, I suppose.

+1
... and well said.

Freakonomics ...this week the topic was Trader Joe's. Great story.

podcast...I have a computer, a smart phone, and a tv. What do I use for podcast?

MarketPlace.

Sometimes I listen to the Dave Ramsey podcast.

Don't know if I got this right word for word.
"Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid off mortgage takes the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice".

podcast...I have a computer, a smart phone, and a tv. What do I use for podcast?
It depends on how you listen.
In my case I have about an hour and a half of idle time each day where I do body work to address a structural back problem. I use a laptop equipped with headphones and a wireless mouse so I can manipulate the slider to bypass commercials and long introductions.

A couple favorites not mentioned (the last two can be fairly technical)
If I can find a topic of interest, Sam Harris' command of language/conversation is quite impressive
https://samharris.org/podcast/
Also the Peter Attia Drive podcast
https://peterattiamd.com/podcast/
And on exercise physiology, Sigma Nutrition
https://sigmanutrition.com/podcasts/

Guess I’m the only one listening to my favs: Casefile, Court Junkie, They Walk Among Us, Doctor Death, Dirty John, and You Must Remember This

There are podcast apps available for all smartphones. I use the standard Apple podcast app that comes with the iPhone.

My current favorite is Everything Happens from Kate Bowler. If you know someone or think you might ever know anyone with a serious illness, this is great stuff. Very informative and also funny. Not dry or stuffy in any way.

DW and I were on a road trip recently and we really enjoyed this podcast. Not only was I too young to have much context back then, but the whole Nixon / Watergate scandal overpowered everything else.

I never realized what Agnew had actually done criminally wrong, how he tried to obstruct justice and his political war on the Press and Justice Department. I'd also never heard his repeated claims that Nixon was trying to have him assassinated. Additionally, I never realized how close he came to becoming president when Nixon was ready to resign.

There are some parallels hinted at to today's situation, but that aside, I found it a fascinating history lesson and a real hole in my understanding of how the whole scandal unfolded.

https://www.msnbc.com/bagman

I just finished this. Although I lived through it (High School) it was interesting to see more detail. He was pugnacious. I enjoyed it. One of the things holding back impeachment of Nixon was that Agnew would be elevated to President. Once Agnew was out of the way then the pressure was increased on Nixon

And that sounds like a "Deep state" conspiracy. But both of them were crooks

Back
Top Bottom