Please say I've made the right choice destroying a 8 year relationship.

Thanks everyone so much for the posts, specially Goonie and 2B. I'm very tense right now because we just talked over the phone and, well... she's not accepting the break-up. She's coming to our home right now to have the "big and last talk".

Calmloki, it's nice to see someone from Brazil here. Call me a naive, but what pics?!?

Why bring his age into this to such a major extent? Age doesn't cause stupidity or immaturity. Age discrimination and bigotry goes all ways.

It's neat how people can read the same thing and form nearly opposite opinions.

Calmloki, it's nice to see someone from Brazil here. Call me a naive, but what pics?!?

You want to be a judge and you can't read between the lines (heck, just READ the line :D)

Pics of the hot brazilian lady.. :cool:

Sorry, but it must be said: this thread is meaningless without pics.

TY calmloki, I so want to post a request for picture of the girlfriend but didn't have the guts. Cause a "beautiful brazilian" girl maybe worth putting up with $200 shampoo :D, if they look like these beauties.

Leonardo sorry to make light of a serious issue... As I am sure you know money is the #1 source of arguments at least in the US among couples. In order to make it work you two will have to come up with some compromise, between your desire to save and her desire to enjoy life.

Last edited:
TY calmloki, I so want to post a request for picture of the girlfriend but didn't have the guts. Cause a "beautiful brazilian" girl maybe worth putting up with $200 shampoo :D, if they look these beauties.

I lack shame. Leonardo, not Brazilian, just perpetuating the view up here that Brazilian women are uniformly beautiful and worth viewing. Re: Please say I've made the right choice destroying a 8 year relationship. You two have been together since you were 16? I agree - you've made the right choice - do it for her sake.

OMG I understood everything wrong :duh:! Not wanting to brag, but my girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend) is more beautiful than any of these girls in the beach.

But seriously now, I've had a very serious talk with her and I'm shaked. She went to her knees and said please not to leave her, that she would do anything, that she would turn in everything I want, etc etc. She said she was taken by surprise and to give her a chance for the sake of our 8 year relationship. I said I needed to think more (I really do) and tomorrow morning we would talk more. Right now she is in our bed with a ultra-sexy bra but she sweared she wouldn't jump on me. Oh boy I need to resist the temptation...

Not wanting to brag, but my girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend) is more beautiful than any of these girls in the beach.

Photographic evidence is required to prove you really aren't bragging...

I said I needed to think more (I really do) ...

Be sure you're thinking with the correct head.

Did anyone else notice that Leonardo signed off right after his last post....what was that about resisting temptation??

You guys....putty in the hands of a pretty woman. :)

But OP, I promise you this, if you aren't already on the same page, you won't really ever be. I've seen so many friends in marriages where they were in harness, pulling in different directions. Don't do it. It will make it so worthwhile when you find the person that sees the same future that you do, whatever that is.
And be sure, for god's sakes, that she has a sense of humor. There's nothing more important.

I met DH when I was 18, married four years later, and here we are in our 15th year of marriage. We laugh a lot, save a lot, and plan for a wonderful early-retired future together.

This is even worse than that, Sarah. We are putty before a fantasy- we haven't seen her, touched her, or heard her voice. Yet I guess all of us are imagining her.

I need to go commune with my higher power.

Almost forgot- congratulations on your happy marriage! You seem like a fun-loving woman.

Ha

They don't even have to be pretty! :rolleyes:

We haven't had a "morning report" yet so I'm giving 3 to 1 odds (metaphorically speaking) that there was a "reconciliation" last night and he'll give the rationship another go. Unfortunately, it probably won't last.

This is it. It is all over. I'm torn apart.

It probably comes as little consolation but it appears most of us agree with what you've done. Have the courage to move forward with your life.

I'm glad my prediction was wrong but I know what I probably would have done when I was 24.

I was able to find a picture of her:

small_image_2.jpg

I think the key words here are you are only 24yrs old,you will definitely get over this relationship and use a lot of what you learned in it to make the next long term endeavor much more successful,didnt have time to read your entire post but late teens early 20's maybe you should have dated this girl a little longer before doing the marriage thing.

I think the key words here are you are only 24yrs old,you will definitely get over this relationship and use a lot of what you learned in it to make the next long term endeavor much more successful,didnt have time to read your entire post but late teens early 20's maybe you should have dated this girl a little longer before doing the marriage thing.

You missed the part in is first post that said they weren't married. They have known each other and/or dated for 9 years but the "formal" live in arrangement has only been a year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom