Join Early Retirement Today

Poisoned?
Old 12-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #1

Poisoned?

The face of candidate Yushchenko reminds me of the
USA. Once we had institutions and laws well
thought out and beneficial. Our countenance was pleasing to the eye, and the national complexion
was smooth: the people unfettered by useless
regulation and foolish leaders. Now, like Yushchecko.
we have ingested a heavy dose of (leftist) dioxin.
Yushchenko may recover. We won't.

JG
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Poisoned?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Most people are corrupt, so governments run by people will be corrupt most of the time. The checks and balances in our Constitution were supposed to keep the corruption in check by playing one branch of corrupt politicians against the others. It was always an imperfect solution, made worse when some of the checks and balances were removed by ammendments.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:34 AM   #3

Yeah, that's our form of government all right.
It might look like Yushchenko, but it's still better
than the (existing) alternatives.

BTW, how about that guy? Ingests one of the highest
doses of dioxin ever and keeps on keepin' on.
I'm impressed and that ain't easy.

JG
Old 12-28-2004, 06:01 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Yeah, who needs those useless regulations, such as those related to environmental controls? *Yushchenko lives even though he's consumed more dioxin than possibly any living man in history. *Abolish the EPA! *DuPont knows what's best for America!
Old 12-28-2004, 06:15 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Yeah, I'll tell ya, I followed that guys exploits, i'm impressed with his strength as well, must either be very stubborn or one hell of a tough guy, probably both.
As for government, I'm pretty much in agreement with JG on this one, except for i'm firmly pro-choice, so sign me up with the libertarian camp.
-Pan-
When you walk in the shadow of insanity, the presence of another mind that thinks and acts as yours does is something close to a blessed event. -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
panhead is offline   Reply With Quote